General Holiday Enquiries, Hints and Tips

General Holiday Enquiries? Got General Hints & Tips? Post Them Here.
I am the same go through the letters, open the important ones, leave the bills to one side :lol: then if it was a night flight dive into bed :lol: then when the cattery is open go get my puddy tat Rosie :D
Depends when we arrive home. Early morning, ie between 12am and 6am, straight to bed.
Anyother time, kettle on, sort through wash, first load in, pick up dog. :lol:
Oh, don't want to think about it. I absolutely hate the first few hours after returning. There's so much to do - I never know where to start. Usually ignore the cases while we open the mail and interrogate our grown up sons as to what's been happening. After a cuppa and a quick tidy round (always things to do after leaving our sons home alone), I tackle the cases and the washing. It usually takes me a couple of days to finnish the unpacking and return the cases to their resting places.
Getting home late, so straight to bed, anything that need doing going to have to wait till next day, after I get back from work
Connect up camera and look at the photos of where we've just been
thats what my husband does while I'm putting on the kettle and looking through the post sunbear :lol:
Open the bottle of wine that has been sat in fridge just waiting for me to get home. :D
Unpack the first bag of dirties from the roofbox and get the washing machine on, then inspect the garden to see what work our parents have done while we're not around to object (my mum usually comes round and butchers a bush that gets in the way of my car but which hubbie won't let us dig out!). Hubbie gets the PC on to check the email and checks his answering machine (he works from home and needs to check if anything urgent has come up while we're away).
Kettle on, open letters then check emails.
With the unpacking you are all making me feel really guilty. We shove the cases in the guest bedroom and they usually stay there sometimes for days, we may do a bit of washing and unpacking the next day but often can't be bothered, it sometimes takes a week or more before it's all done.
Maybe it's because we are retired but we take life at a much more leisurely pace now rarely any rush to get things done. Though to be honest we weren't much different when we were both working.
  • Edited by Judith 2007-06-15 22:48:52
Night flight - take the milk out of the freezer (ready for a brew in the morning), drink a long glass of Vimto (you don't get that on holiday...) and then straight to bed.

Day flight - put the kettle on, open the suitcases, start the first load of washing, unpack the kids' souvenirs etc, then off to the chippy for fish and chip supper :D , then a bath and hairwash with "proper" water.
Arriving home in the middle of the night - dump cases in the hall, lock the door & go to bed. During the day put the first of many washes on - have to get it all done the 1st day. Can''t help thinking that some of it's been there for 14 days urgh!!. Hubby goes to check his beloved dogs who my son has been looking after & to check the greenhouse to see what's died since we've been away. :roll:
have a good home made cuppa :D
Open the suitcase with the dirty laundry and put that in machine.

Kettle on, cup of tea sit down and open post :D
my holiday dose not finish till i go to work...so
arrive home , put kettle on for a cup of tea [not found anywhere abroad that can make tea] pick up post and dump on table [where it stays till i come home from work] take the messages off the answerphone and mobile phones [only ring back family] have a cup of tea, switch on computer and go through the 200 or so e-mails [mainly from HT], check my forums, have a stiff drink and GO to bed

wizard
Get on the bathroom scales and hope the damage isn't too bad :roll:
Sort the post usually and make a drink.
Definatly check the post - love piles n piles to come back to- oh except the bills.........
:D Lassigirl - I thought I was the only person who did that! - I have my digital scales ready in the kitchen, for my return home! (I really dont know why I bother, - as I always end up feeling(even more )depressed!, it's bad enough coming back home, and then to find out you have put over half a stone on :cry:
Depending on what time we get home?.......dump the cases in the kitchen and head off to the pub for a swift :glynis and then when we return home, sort out the post and then chill out!
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.