General Holiday Enquiries, Hints and Tips

General Holiday Enquiries? Got General Hints & Tips? Post Them Here.
NOW.
:pele

Wating for taxi. Gotta go.
Benidorm here we come :wave :fly :sun
When we went to Mexico (got married there), I packed 6 months before!
I get over the top excited - we go back to Mexico on June 20th and I cant wait!!!

My Holiday has started already - it's all I talk about!
my holiday starts when we do the first airport run :roll:

my boyfriend likes to go to the airport at least 3 times before we actually go, all at differant times of the day. :roll:

but it does get the kids excited :D
Does he? I've never heard of anyone doing that before! :D
Even I'm not that sad!!!

This time next week, I'll be :fly
Madasafishy, yep I'm that sad too :lol: :lol: :shock: I have to do an airport run before we go, like to know where I'm going, which check in area and just have a mill about. But I do only do it once :wink: :roll:
FRIDAY night - once i have finished work and start the packing.
My holiday starts once we've locked the front door, loaded the luggage into the car, got myself seated comfortably in the passenger's seat, turned on the radio and hubby sets the wheels in motion en route to the airport. Yipee! can't wait. 57 days to go unfortunately.
In 35 days- and it starts just after we've got rid of all our bags and are waiting for the plane! But that doesn't stop us both getting so excited up until then- buying all the bits and pieces we'll need, and talking about it non-stop! :lol:
My Holiday starts as soon as I go out my front door, my hubby can't stand being in the airport, I luv it. even have an savings jar just for my airport money, this is so I can have breakie and then shop, I dont iknow about you but I feel everything is so dear, thats why I have the savings jar. I don,t want to start using my hol spending money before I get there.
That's a really good idea Nasher, to have a separate "airport budget". We've been saving loose change for ages with no particular goal in mind. I think I'll probably see how much I've got and get it changed for the airport fund. Thanks for the idea. :P
before we go on holiday we have a house clean up and sell all we don't want at a car boot. we made enough money last year for the taxi to and from the airport.
Hi all
I always feel the holiday starts when I get to my hotel or apartment. You have done all the trouble with checking in at the airport, getting rid of cases, travelling to your destination, checking into your accommodation get in your room, plonk your cases on the bed, and THEN the holiday begins when you sit out and relax on your balcony or terrace. ARHHH!! LOVELY!

:D
Dawnie-Rob
I'm glad we don't do a practice airport run - we live 100 miles from the nearest airport, the one we usually use is 200 miles away as they offer more flights, we usually have to allow an extra 3 hours for travelling on top of the 2/3 hours before check in time, otherwise if there's a hold up we would miss our flight

so our holiday starts when we set off in the car for the airport.
We usually do the Rosyth to Zeebrugge ferry (18 hours overnight) so our holiday starts when we get on the boat.
Only three weeks and four days til I go!! My holiday starts when I drive towards the airport and see the planes taking off, then I get really excited! :D
My holiday has started, I have finished work today, 4 more sleeps to go.

Normal strip of the beds, housework, washing and ironing to complete.........

Then my carriage awaits :yipee

kazee
my hol starts when i leave my house we tend to leave as early as poss so we can get the checking in out of the way cant bear the queues :evil: but then again i suppose its all part of the holiday it adds to the excitment!!
  • Edited by kellz 2007-03-17 10:43:47
my holiday starts when we get into the car to drive to the airport 8)
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.