General Holiday Enquiries, Hints and Tips

General Holiday Enquiries? Got General Hints & Tips? Post Them Here.
the moment i leave for the airport. im like a big kid
When I finish work and get home. Straight out into the garden with a nice cool beer. By this time the wife has done all the packing. Phone up a takeaway, get the kids to bed give the plants a good watering, a few more beers then bed later than normal even though we always have an early flight, so have to get up earlier than going to work.
as soon as i get home and get the work cloths off..and put away,so i dont see them till i return[ by the way i dont finish my holiday till the morning i put my work cloths on again

wiz
The end of my last day at work, regardless if we are off the same day or two days later. :D
The minute the plane takes off, as i no longer have to worry about a thing, and if i have forgotten anything then tough luck!
In the taxi on the way to the airport, I too get excited, more than my kids do, I'm happy once ive checked in and the cases are out of our hands

Go and get something to eat, drink etc

And that buzz finally comes when we are going along the runway :D
Then arriving at our destination :sun2

I dont even give home a second thought
As soon as I start packing my case.....4 weeks before departure date!
As soon as our cases have gone down the conveyor belt and we have been given our boarding cards.
as soon as i leave work on the last day........

but i love the run up, shopping for bits, packing the cases etc.......

and on the day we leave, i could be sick with excitement!!!!!!
For me it's when we get in the car to go to the airport,since that is when I finish 'doing'. The animals are all sorted, the packing is done and I can start to relax!! We try to make the journey to the airport part of the holiday, if we fly late we will look for somewhere nice enroute to have a meal, or if it is an early one book a hotel. Once the front door is locked that is the start of 2 weeks R&R, even flight delays won't stress us!!

Pam :cheers
As soon as I leave my desk at 12.30pm on June 4th!! We fly out at 10am on the 5th. Only 8 1/2 working days left!!! :cheers
I'm the same as Pam. As soon as that front door shuts behind me - I am on my holidays! :tup
mine starts the morning of the last day of work, i have my holiday head on dont do owt just mess around all day. the wife hate me for it as we dont fly for a day or too after but im in a good mood all the time to the flight
mines when we step off the aircraft, and feel the warmth :sun2 , collecting our luggage from the carousel, hopping into our taxi and the ride to our accomodation (taking in all the sights) I cannot relax until then, as I get stressed beforehand, making sure I have all the passports, tickets, money etc, I must check my bag a thousand times on the way to the airport :que. and snapped at my poor hubby even more. I do all the packing etc and Im always mithering that ive left something behind, ie- a child :rofl . I must start to relax more ;)
The next morning when we eat breakfast, then go to the pool. But I get all excited when we go shopping for summer clothes and when we start packing.
My holiday starts the day the diet stops! That being next wednesday and i am off at stupid o'clock on 7th june to the airport.
Now normally i love the airport but being a smoker i am starting to panic now but hey if your going a week tomorrow you will know who i am cos you wont be able to see me for patches.

Kerrie :tup
For me it starts as soon as the cases are thru check in so I can stop worrying about them being overweight, then its a few vodka and cokes before the flight. I get stressed again after we've collected our luggage at the other end as we have to get 2 buses from the airport to the apartment (we book diy so no transfers)and its not a lot of fun. As soon as we're off the second bus its time to find a bar for some wine before taking the cases up the narrow streets of Nerja! We have just come back from Cuba so I can't wait for this next hol as its only a 3 hr flight and after the 9.5hrs we have just had I don't think I'll ever complain about the flight to Spain again!
Our holiday starts the minute i get my pint of lager in the departure lounge, no matter what time of day. i have never been on holiday without having one and i never will, yum yum...goodbye weak expensive english lager, hello strong ice cold continental 'beer'..... 4 weeks of english lager to go....
My holiday starts the minute I leave work on my last day.
then its the excitment and stress of getting us ready and tidying the house and taking the dog to the kennels.

but the moment i love the most is when the plane doors open and the smell and warmth hits you

I'm so excited for holiday now.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.