General Holiday Enquiries, Hints and Tips

General Holiday Enquiries? Got General Hints & Tips? Post Them Here.
hi sarah
any of the canaries or egypt will be hot in october.
regards tracey
the Greek islands and Cyprus will also still be quite warm [we are going to Kos in October] if the temperatures we have got use to prevail, then we expect it to be between 22 & 26 deg during the day

yasus
wizard
Thank you, Ive been looking at Egypt, Ive also come across Morocco, what sort of weather will there be there?

Sarah x
How about Tunisia we went last week of October and the weather was hot enough to sun bathe and for people to go in the sea
we're back in Cyprus in October never been that late in the year, so I hope your right with your forecast Wizard.. :sun2

We've been to Tunisia in early November and had excellent weather..
My parents visit us every year for 4 weeks from early November and have had fantastic weather. Last year the temperatures were averaging 25C to 28C most days with only 1 day being overcast.

They haven't had rain during their stay for 2yrs and the year before that it rained on the very last leg of our journey with them back to Paphos airport, just before we reached the turnoff on the highway.

However, the last 2 October's around the half term holidays have been very "iffy" and although still warm we've had very overcast days and sometimes heavy rain. Obviously getting it all out of the way before my parents arrive for their holidays! ;)

Shell
Limassol, Cyprus
boaz

last time we were in Cyprus in October was 2010, a bit of a heat wave that year, in Protaras [where we were] it peaked around 29 deg on a couple of days Pafos [where daughter and family were the same week] it peaked at around 25 deg,

wiz
However, the last 2 October's around the half term holidays have been very "iffy" and although still warm we've had very overcast days and sometimes heavy rain. Obviously getting it all out of the way before my parents arrive for their holidays!

thanks for that Shell, I think I'll opt for Wiz's forecast, if only we had the choice... :think
We had cracking weather last year in Gran Canaria during the last week in October, averaged over 25 every day once you got past about 10am. Talking to people at work it seems that the sheltered side of Gran Canaria gets a good few degs hotter than other islands.

We are trying Cyprus this October half term as my parents regularly go in first week of November and they usually have great weather and before my OH became a teacher we used to go to Cyprus a lot and miss it!

Only ever been to Egypt in April and it was blistering hot
I was also going to say Gran Canaria, I was there at the end of October a couple of years ago and the temp reached 30° on a couple of days, almost too hot for me as I usually like to go away when it's a bit cooler. Apparently it's not unusual for temps to reach the 30's into November.
ashtonsmum
it should be good weather in morocco in october mid to high 20s
regards tracey
we have had good weather in Cyprus, Rhodes and Barbados in October. The last one is probably the best bet out of the three. I know Rhodes was a bit hotter than usual.
We had a week in Tenerife a few years back and it rained a lot.
I would also say the Canaries - I also went to Dom Rep Late September early October, there are some good AI prices for Dom Rep.
Another vote for Gran Canaria...although Tenerife will also be hot too but it can be a little hit and miss with the rain storms..Lanza and Fuertaventura can also be nice..but again you run the risk of the tropical storms perhaps even more so than the other 2 islands.

Egypt is also hot during the day but starting to cool a little at night...but still warm by our standards....
Been to Lanza in October and had great weather so maybe there or one of the other suggested Canaries, the Canaries are only 4 hours away. If you are only going for a week, the Caribbean is probably too far and Egypt, ie Sharm, Hurgharda etc is 5 hours there and approx six hours back ( I think ?)
My first choice would be Egypt, we went there in October a few years back and it was 90 f plus all week :)
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.