Greece and other Greek Island Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Greece and other Greek Islands.
where is greece
11 Posts
my guess would ne Zakynthos

yasus
wizard
Have a look at Bahamas Hotel on Kos, you've got Bodrum in Turkey just across the water which is worth a visit on Market Day, we went with the Maria Star. We also went on a trip by coach and boat to a volcanic island where they filmed a James Bond movie. As Wizard has stated, there is Zante(Zakynthos), we went on an overnight excursion to Athens from here and we also went to Olympia. From what you've put in your post, you've got plenty to go at. From Rhodes you can also get to Turkey, to the resort of Marmaris.

Les
and don't forget from Rhodes you can also do a day trip to the beautiful Greek island of Symi
Hi

Thanks for the replies. Still unsure then i was more looking for things in the resort to do rather than full on excursions. We do like a boat trip though
ok you could also look at Hersonosis on Krity [crete]

yasus
wizard
I could thanks and have also looked there but i could do with someone who has been to any of these resorts letting me know what they will be like.
Tsilivi would be my choice, during the day you might not feel like doing more than going on the beach, lazing around the hotel pool or doing an excursion, as it will be still quite hot at the end of August.
Night time it is a different atmosphere, much more livelier, with plenty of eating places and bars to keep you entertained for the week, especially the Two Brothers bar which is at the Planos end of the resort.

Hope this helps.....Caz
Thanks. Thats all we will be doing hopefully just need enough going on at night and also pedaloes on beach etc.
I havent stopped in Hersonisis but have driven through a couple of times always seems to be a lot of families and a bit more beach based entertainment than many, but it is very dependent on what you are looking for, booking a holiday for a family is like buying a house, location is usually paramount but everyone will need to make compromises

yasus
wizard
Haha thats true you'll never get everything you want in one holiday..
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.