UK and Ireland Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in the UK and Ireland.
Hi ,do you surf,we went to Cornwall in May,my daughter lives there.She lives in Newquay and we spent time on Tolcarne beach.There are several nice beaches within a few miles,We drove to St Ives for the day but gave up because we couldn't find anywhere to park but I must agree it's beautiful there.There is a new Premier Inn at Quintrell Down that a friend of mine has recommended if you need somewhere to stay,rooms were lovely,breakfast was good and it's only a few minutes from the lovely beaches,Fistral,Tolcarne,,Watergate bay,,Porth, and Holywell Bay.
Hey, No I don't surf but would love to learn as I'm in need of some exciting hobbies, are there any beaches you know of that offer surfing lessons that'd be cool?. Not too keen on a hotel was looking more for a caravan park I know there is one right on St.Ives bay but as said went there years ago.
Tolcarne Beach has surfing lessons,my daughter has a beach hut there,lifeguards there,too,we always managed to park on the side roads.When we went a few years ago we had her caravan on Trevornick camp site,Holywell bay
Hi, take a look at Pentewan sands (INVALID URL Not ideal for surfing but has a great private beach, chilled nightlife and if your camping the shower blocks etc are really nice and clean. It also has a nice outdoor pool area right next to the bar. I have been going here for 18 years, sometimes I only get a long weekend a year, other years two weeks but it really is a great place. Hope this helps.

John
We've just got back from St. Ives, it's so beautiful. It has 4 beaches which are all different and awesome!! Porthmeor is the surfing beach and I'm pretty sure that you can learn to surf there. It is lively with pubs, restaurants, cafes etc. It is suitable for couples and families. Sennen Cove is 19 miles away but I would suggest staying in St Ives and visiting Sennen because, as someone already said it's very difficult to get parked if you are just visiting for the day.

We stayed at Ayr caravan park in our tourer but they have statics also. I think you may have trouble booking for this summer as it's very popular. It's 10 miutes walk to the harbour and town and a bit less to the surfing beach. There are many B&B's which may be available to book just for a few days.

http://www.ayrholidaypark.co.uk/holiday-park.php

St. Ives is my favourite place in the UK (along with a couple of places in Scotland and the Lakes) I don't think you would be disappointed

If you are interested there are a few photos of St Ives taken in 2007 here
http://www.flickr.com/photos/12218943@N00/sets/72157606113259767/
I'd recommend the Newquay area...lots of nice beaches to choose from with surfing. Plenty of nightlife in the town if you want it or more chilled villages. Easy to travel around to neighbouring places, just bear in mind though that Cornwall becomes very busy during the main school holidays if that's when you plan to go and parking can be difficult around the main resorts. There's loads of caravan/campsites in the area to choose from, you could take a look at the tourist information website to help you decide.
Take a look at POLZEATH - fab beach - with a choice of surf lesson providers. Plenty of camp/caravan sites etc. Much more low key than Newquay as there is no town or nightclubs etc. plenty of parking right on the beach.
http://www.thisisnorthcornwall.com/polzeath.html
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.