Greece and other Greek Island Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Greece and other Greek Islands.
You can get the seacat or ferry to Turkey from Rhodes but I'm not sure if it goes to Ephesus ????
Samos would be the closest island to Kusadasi, which would be the port you need for Ephesus. It's about half an hour's drive between the two. I have no idea if they do trips between Samos and Kusadasi but I should imagine a google would come up with the information.

The islands that offer trips to Marmaris and Bodrum and the like would not be appropriate. Marmaris and Bodrum are too far away from Ephesus for a trip to be done in a day.

Why not take a trip to Turkey instead? Ephesus is best visited as early in the morning as you can make it before the crowds arrive and then once they are there you can take a rest until the crowds have gone and then enjoy the rest as the sun starts to go down. Selcuk is a good base for touring the area, especially if you want to combine Ephesus with Pammukale, which most people do.
Hi,

You can visit Turkey from Kos. Not sure which area though.

Bren
Kos is an hour from Fethiye by the fast service. Fethiye to Ephesus is about 6 hours. Not a day trip!
You can go from Kos to Bodrum on the ferry, not sure how long it takes though.
Haven't done the Kos/Bodrum trip but I should imagine it takes less than hour. Sorry earlier I hould have said the Kos/Fetihiye crossing is 90 minutes.

It is still a 4 (ish) hour journey from Bodrum to Ephesus.

A trip into Kusadasi is the only real option if it is to be done as a day trip. Any other port of entry would involve a lot of travelling by road and as Turkey is particularly mountainous getting from a to b isn't as quick as it looks from a map. Plus the area around Kusadasi, Selcuk and Ephesus is very busy during peak tourist periods for obvious reasons.
spadge Magster beat me to it about samos some of the tour operators where advertising trips to Ephesus turkey is only about 2 km from samos at its closest point.
just spotted they where charging 47 euros for turkey trip and 25 euros more to do ephesus that was if you booked through kosmar
the closest place to got to is kusadasi from samos. the boat takes about 90 mins. you can buy a day return ticket which means you leave on the morning boat leaves around 8 or 9. and you return on the evening boat leaves turkey about 5. you dont really have a lot of time to see kusadasi but its enough just for ephusus. day return ticket is pretty expensive. if you have time it would be cheaper to stay in turkey a couple of nights just buy an open return ticket.
I did the trip from Kos (kardamena) to bodrum last year on the boat that looks and feels like an airoplane! It took bout 45 mins each way, not far. We went with the reps and was good, although not keen on Turkey, the Bodrum gold centre was fab, take ur plastic!
Rhodes has just put on a ferry line to Fethiye, it takes 90 minutes on the hydrfoil I think, let me know if you need tickets and I'll sort them for you!
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.