Turkey Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Turkey.
Hi Jan, I know you don't want a transfer any longer than an hour but if you could tolerate the extra then it will be really worth it. For families such as yours, I always recommend Babadan Apartments in Icmeler, it is perfectly located for all your needs. You can contact them direct or go through Thomson, the owners wife is English, all details are in the Discussion. The last post on it was on April 3rd. The twice we've been there, the airport transfer was always broken up by a stop at a service area. It has occurred to me that the flight times to Dalaman have only been about 3hrs 30mins which is not quite so bad as 4hrs !! Something to do with the fact that it is downhill going out(sorry, my little joke !!). :cheers

Les
Hi we're going to Dalyan only 30 mins from the airport , havent been there before so dont know a lot about the area .
Sioux ;)
Now they have built the tunnel it only takes an hour to Olu Deniz, provided you aren't on a coach that drops off at half a dozen hotels before yours.
Maybe Gumbet would suit you. It is busy with lots to do, loads of restaurants and bars, nice beach, lots of hotels and apartments and it is very close to Bodrum too so you can go there for the day or night. It is about 40 mins from Bodrum airport and you can also get some good deals if you look around.

Kedi
Thanks very much for your replies and suggestions - I will certainly be looking them all.
Think Icmeler would be best for you, plenty to do for the children and good choice of bars etc, i know its a drag the transfer, why not get private one then no drop offs just straight there.
Dalyan 30 mins from airport but not as busy or manic as Icmeler, there are plenty of nice hotels and apartments just google them,
I would think that the resorts in Antalya located on Lara beach would be the closest to the airport..about 15-20 mins for a transfer..have you looked at any hotels there ???
I haven't looked at Lara Beach - only Marmaris, Dalyan and Iclmer, but that's a good idea so I shall take a look.

Could someone confirm what temperatures are likely to be last two weeks of August please? I see last year the temperature rocketed around the third week and just wondering if it really does feel as warm as the 40-50 degree heat or is there a cooling breeze? Are some resorts more breezier/cooler than others. I wouldn't be able to cope with temperatures this high so just wondering if Turkey would be best left to October or April.

Thanks again for taking the time to reply.
The best time to travel to Turkey is either in the months of May-June or Sept-Oct..this way you are avoiding the really high temps.. And think it will depend on where excatly you are staying...inside the city of Antalya or in the resorts due to high concetrations of concrete etc..and as they retain the heat..it will be warmer than day the more rural outling areas...and it is a fact that the closer you are to the beach the MORE humid it will become..however you might get a slight breeze from the sea...Also usually August is the hottest month..

If you are in an area with lots of foliage...trees, forests etc...it will be cooler...

Where I stay in the summer it is definately cooler than both Antalya and Kemer..but that is because it is not a massive touristic resort lined with 5 star hotels etc..

But I can only comment regarding the Antalya coastline..and not for the other areas..another tip..if you can go later in August more towards the end of the month and into Sept..I think that it is a perfect time..

April this year IMO was better than May so far..but we are lucky were I live 2 months of cold winter weather and 2 months of hot and then rest of the time lovely...if April ...mid to end of April would be more advisable..or early October ( like the first 2 weeks )
the heat in august can some times get unbearable last year spent a lot of the time sitting in the shade as it felt like you were burning after about 30mins. sept/oct are still really warm but comfortable to walk around in :cheers :sun2 that was antalya last year still prefer gumbet though.!!!!
which/where /who are the best ways to book self catering holidays for turkey.Ive my good lady me and two kids 12/10.
nearest resort to dalaman airport is sarigerme, pegasos palace approx 15mins from airport
Sarigerme is the nearest resort to the Dalaman airport just 14 km and there are many hotels from pegasos palace holiday village to magic life, iberotel and some more.

Enjoy your holiday whereever you decide to go
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.