Tour Operators and Travel Agents

Discussions regarding Tour Operators and Travel Agents
teletext is not a holiday company, it's an electronic advertising company used by hundreds of small agents each of varying quality. We'd need to know which one you were looking at.

lowcost and OTB are well known names and have each got l-o-n-g threads on this site which you should read - carefully! Your money would be safe but sometimes arrangements have not been what people hoped for (and the same can be said for about every other operator to some degree).
you could also try.. A1 travel [they have also had their share of problems] Hayes Travel [not one of their partner companies] or Fleetway travel [whom i have often used] all offer flight and hotel [so not currently meeting tour package regulations] transfers/hold baggage etc extra,
Whom ever you choose make sure you check the hotel offered carefully before booking

wizard
If you go with one of the companys mentioned who put the seperate components together for you, they are offering a 'dymamic package' so you need the appropriate travel insurance for this, as they are not covered by the package tour regulations in the same way as TUI, Thomas Cook, Cosmos, although the former will probably give you a better price than the later.

If I was going to book with onthebeach, I would ring them up and make a telephone booking so that you can go through everything with them.

Their web-site is notrorius for glitches and it often doesn't use live flight prices. So you make a website booking in good faith at one price, and then they ring back and tell you the holiday costs more due to the flights being more expensive than they stated.

For some reason this doesn't seem to happen with phone bookings, maybe the call centre staff can get at better and more accurate data ?

Whatever website you use for whatever company, if you press the 'submitt button' once you have put in your credit/debit card details and the booking seems to have failed. Don't click submitt again.

We have had many complaints on the Complaints part of the forum where people have paid for the same holdiay twice :yikes within a matter of seconds, thinking the booking hasn't gone through the first time and then have had to fight to get their money refunded.

Doe :sun2
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.