Goa Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Goa.
Wish me luck
12 Posts
Good luck Candy :tup Please let us all know how you get on.
Well, so far so good. My appointment was for 9.30 am but I actually got there for 9 am. Went straight in and was given number 0033. Within 5 minutes I was called up to the counter and was actually back in the office for 9.30 am!

I have to say the experience was all positive and the only nuisance is having to go back again. I was spoilt before as I worked only 5 minutes away from the old Indian Visa office.

There was plenty of room to sit and the atmosphere was very calm and, apart from one person talking on a mobile, very quiet - a bit different to the old days! However, I imagine it will get much more hectic as we approach the end of the year. I deliberately got there very early in the year but next year will be going out for 6 months so will have to leave it much later. I had paid in advance but noticed that there were card swipe machines in front of each position (around 15 in all).

For those interested, Wilton Road in Victoria, London is fairly easy to find - just spot the Apollo Theatre where they are showing Wicked and the visa office is on the same side of the road as the theatre, just a bit further down. There is a board outside showing the Indian flag.

One thing I did notice was a "wall bin" holding blank visa forms which was a bit surprising as you are supposed to apply online only. When I go to collect my passports and I will and find out why they are there!

Candybabe
Thankyou for the info, that sounds pretty straight forward. :tup
'Straight forward' wait till the mad rush starts :cry :cry
Rokerender - I agree and I must admit I did deliberately get the visa early so I did not have the stress. There did seem to be two types of numbering used - my number was 0033, and they were processing number 0025 as I arrived so I was called very quickly - no more than 5 minutes. The other numbering system was 2000 plus. I could only think that the 2000 numbeing was for people who had not made an appointment. Both sets of numbers were being called out simultaneously so there did not appear to be priority for those who had booked, but I cannot be sure. Certainly there were not that many people at the centre - I would guess around 50.

I guess it helps having two London centres and it would be interesting to hear of a personal experience at the Goswell Street office so people can compare and make an informed decision which might be the best to use.

Candybabe
Thanks Candybabe.

Good idea to get in early before the rush.I'm looking towards the beginning of October, but I will have to go postal as there is nothing in North East England.Scotland was the nearest but after all the years we have gone there , we are now banned??? Scotland for the Scots - never mind.

We are also going twice, back again in January for a month.Just confirmed our booking with Stanley at the Kingstork. So next step the visas :rofl :rofl

Regards
I e-mailed Vfs yesterday regarding our business visa,and amazingly got a reply today.It does seem like they are getting their act together now.

John
jcbrum/john,

The vfs site says that if you want to apply for a business visa, you should include a letter of invitation from the company in India - which is easy enough I guess if it's 'your' company - it also says include a letter from the company in the UK explaining the purpose of the visit - if you don't have your own company in the UK, how do you go on then? any suggestions?

Thanks

Hemingway
If you are/have set up your own company in India,all you need is the relevant paperwork.I.e company registration,Deeds for your premises,Partneship Deeds, Bank accounts etc.

John
Final leg of the journey - visas are now ready for collection. So 3 days from start to finish. Inbetween the passports were sent to India House for the actual visa (which explains why they don't do same day).

One happy bunny who can now relax and look forward to her holiday in December (and going for a month this year, so even happier than normal).

Candybabe
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.