Holiday Complaints

Do you have a holiday complaint? For help and advice post in here.
Unfortunately the price you agreed on at the time of the booking is the price you pay. It will be shown on your confirmation invoice.

It is always a risk booking early. The price can go down as well as up.

Mark :D
yeh . I know that really Mark. I think i just feel really stupid at feeling so confident that i had got a good price :( . Am i wasting my breath ringing them.

lyn
Can't do no harm but as you said, wouldn't hold your breath.

By the law of sod if you hadn't booked it when you did it would have sold out instead of going down, at least you are going where you want, when you want so just enjoy your holiday. I always meet some smart Alec who paid less than me :lol:
Well said Silverpixie. That law of Sod has a lot to answer for. You've got what you wanted, for when you wanted, so just go and have a lovely holiday Lyn.
Oh Lynn if that isnt always the way!!!!! :twisted:

Silverpixie is right, at least you have somewhere you wanted to go.............it would have been worse if youd left it and the holiday had gone, its really hard but try to be positive (sorry!)

Have a lovely holiday, you could ring them but I think they will just say what others on here have already.

best wishesx
You must have been happy with the price you paid or you would not have booked it in the first place.
So don't let the fact it has come down in price ruin the run up to your holidays.
If it had gone the other way you would be very happy.
It may well yet go up in price as they change all the time.
Its a bummer but don't let it spoil your enjoyment any.

AAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH
that feels much better
thanks everyone for your support. I havnt bothered ringing them today as I know im on a hiding to nothing. I will ring them but its not been a good day and i need to be in the fighting mood :D :( . I was really hestitating about booking in the first place as it is the most we have ever paid for a holiday . almost £4000 so no I wasnt really that happy about the price but really wanted this particular hotel so i went ahead and booked thinking the price was about to go up. stupid me :( :( . I suppose in the context of the amount its coming to £200 doesnt seem a lot. but unfortunately £200 when you cant really afford the holiday in the first place amounts to a lot :( :(.

Still i wont let it ruin my holiday and i know it will be worth it. its the Belcekiz beach in olu deniz and im really looking forward to it despite it still be a year away.

lyn
i think if the holiday price goes down the TO should automatically drop your price last year we lost over £800.00 now that ant no laughing matter there should be a law brought in to stop this happing but this is my opinion
You may find once fuel supplements are added the price goes up!
i think if the holiday price goes down the TO should automatically drop your price last year we lost over £800.00 now that ant no laughing matter there should be a law brought in to stop this happing but this is my opinion

So if the price of your now booked holiday would go up by £ 800.00, would that same law still apply?

Can you imagine the problems. Prices in the brochures will be artificially low in the knowledge that they can be increased at a future date without comeback on the TO.

The price you are quoted, is the price you pay. Pretty simple.

Best bet is not to look at the price again once booked.

oh no lyn after all that you went through and we kept wondering what to do, and i went ahead and booked mine not sure if i dare look and see if its gone up although i now wish i hadnt booked it grrr as just come back from a fab hol in turkey and wished i hadnt booked morocco for next year now, but wanted a change lol, im sure we will both have fab hols
Oh Lyn what bad luck :( :(

Well as you know I got back lateish last night from the Belcekic Beach and its a fab hotel, we had a great holiday and so will you :D so at least you know that it's secure. It's the one hotel that seems to has weathered the lack of tourists in Olu D and is more of less full.

Perhaps you could consol yourself thinking that over the past say six holidays you have probably come out on top of the price game by booking early and that this one is just a blip. You could still ring Portland but I don't hold out much hope.

I know it's going to be hard but it might be better if you don't torment yourself by keep checking the price cos you have 12 months to go and it could go all over the place in that time causing you untold angst.
I don't really understand the problem?

Holiday prices just like flight prices go up and down all the time due to demand and many other factors. If you were happy with your booking and the price at the time then it's fair. True you could have waited and got a better price, you could also have waited and got a higher price or waited and missed out completely as the week/accom/flight you wanted was fully booked.

If you're happy with your choice and the price you booked at just go ahead and have a great holiday :D
Our holiday to Turkey (in 12 days :D ) with First Choice has gone up by £1600 since I booked it in the first edition brochure last May :shock: But I know for a fact that the holiday we've booked for Ibiza next August with Thomsons will go down by next July - it always does for that particular hotel every year. It's swings and roundabouts and I got the morning flights I wanted, and the satisfaction of knowing it's all sorted. It's not just holidays, it happens with everything, I bought my daughter an expensive pair of jeans in River Island last month, she hasn't even worn them yet and now they're in the sale at £9.99 - that's life. I get enough bargains along the way to make up for the reductions-after-purchase disappointment.
Now if your holiday had gone down by a considerable amount and you had only paid your deposit up to now, it might be worth cancelling and losing your deposit and then re-booking and still making a saving, but the reduction would have to be considerably more than the deposit you've already paid to make it worth your while faffing around.
We have booked with Direct Holidays for Florida next year and they have what is called a Fare Deal to guarantee that your holiday will be reduced if they put their prices down within the brochure you booked from.

I'll let you know if it works because I've just spotted a £20 difference and i've emailed them and they are looking into it. £20 is nothing but its better in my pocket than theirs - i'm just hoping it doesn't go down any further because if it does I won't get a refund as they are now on for the 2nd edition brochure.
Hi.
I'm a bit late reading this post, but we have sufferd similar with Portland last year. It was aired on this site and the replies were similar.
I wrote and told them of my disappointment, but no refund was given, just loads of jargon with a finale of hope you enjoy your holiday and hope you book in the future.
My advice is, don't use them again, as with any service if it does not live up to your expectations, vote with your feet and badmouth them at every opportunity.
Long live sites such as this, so you can share views and make up your mind from threads such as this.
pebble
don,t think this is a fair comment,would you be as quick to get on the phone,and contact tour operator if the price had gone up,to offer to pay the increase.
i don,t think so
and badmouth them at every opportunity.

The objective on HT is the exact opposite of that. We share information and experiences.

If you spend some time reading past postings you will find that not everyone will agree with you.

Everyone has their own viewpoint, for every complaint about a TO you are just as likely to find someone singing the praises. The same goes for hotels and airlines. Many complain about Excel yet every time I have used them they have been first class.

Yes a holiday is an expensive item, but finding that a price has gone down against the price you paid is an everyday experience. Thats life!

fwh
Holiday Truths Forum
Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.