EX-Pats and Owners Abroad

Discussions for EX-Pats and owners abroad or those who are considering this idea.
I don't know if this is what has sparked your interest but there is currently a TV programme on channel 5 (in the UK) its on about 11pm every night..

called "Celebrity Reps" or there abouts.. and its all about celebrities trying to be reps working in Aiya Napa.
yeah been watching it really good. me and boyfriend went out there this year had a brillent time hopefully going back next year but we decided when we got back home we would love to try working out there bar staff pr etc not as a rep any advice or information on how to go about it.
Why don't you try e-mailing some of the bars for info? I think most people go out fairly early in the season and ask about then sort out accom-that's when you see loads of adverts for property to rent too.Beaware though-the wages are appalling.The Cypriots don't get very good wages anyway so they're not going to pay foreign workers a great deal.But on a lighter note if you want the fun and experience for a season then Good Luck,go for it :)
Typical wage for bar staff in Ayia Napa/Protaras is often less than CYP2 an hour :shock: :shock: :shock:
I've thought about this before...

Ok I'm on more than 3-4 quid an hour here in the uk, but basically I live day to day and if I'm lucky once a year I go on holiday to the sun...

so if I was able to eat, sleep and do all the day to day things but already be in the sun, sand, fun etc.. then how much would I need ?
Hi,

I worked out there in 2000, me and a friend went out there, just booked a 2 weeks Holiday with 20's and had to find work and somewhere to live in those 2 weeks and we did it. That was when it was the year to go there I suppose, so took a bit longer to find a flat..
I was out there for 3 months and it was the best time ever, On the beach all day, then working at night.
I worked in a bar in the main square as a drinks waitress, and worked 6pm to 2.30am. We started at 6pm to get the bar sorted, chairs out etc etc, then we would go and have food and go back and eat it, we just sat around till 9-10pm until it got busy. That year was manic out there.
I got paid £15cyp a night plus tips. Some nights I would leave with £20cyp in tips a night, some nights it might be as little as £6cyp. Most of the time the tips I made would do me for food etc the next day and I lived like that. Now you might think that is nothing and it isn't anything compared to here, but I was paying £30cyp a week rent and that was it. So it evened itself out I thought and I got by fine, as wasn't paying for drinks in the evening, just food and whatever else.. I wouldn't have a clue what the rates of pay are now or how much for accomadation is. When I was there some people rented in Paralimni and hired a moped to get into Napa as some were paying as little as £15cyp a week rent then your moped hire.
I would recommend it it was a good 3 months of my life out there, met so many people and some people I still keep in contact with now which is nice.
I have been out there there every year since and even got married out there this year. I love the place.

Hope this helps and if there is anything else I can help you with please ask.
Clare :D
I have a friend out there she met her cypriot boyfriend there and they both work in a bar in the Square. An apartment comes with their jobs and they get food in the evening and at lunch times. The wages aren't great but she loves the life and comes back here in the winter and makes enough money to take back there in the summer so if things get a bit tight she always has something to fall back on . I was in Burger King in Napa this summer and a guy was asking about a job - the manager told him it was 1 pound an hour can you imagine??? The minimum wage here is 7.67euro - roll on cyprus actually entering the euro when they will have to pay the same as other eu countries
There is not a uniform minimum wage throughout the EU...that's just not correct!
Cyprus will not have to have to impliment a minimum wage no more than they will have to even hold a referendum on the Euro.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.