Goa Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Goa.
Worst food ever for me was at Bobs Inn in Candolim. It was like a big plate of mush that I got. :shock: Disgusting
Hi

Must say, worst food hubby had was also in Bob's Inn, but must say my meal was ok.

AJ
Sorry to hear you didn't enjoy your meal at Ganesh's shack. We went to him last year and thought the food was pretty good. We returned again this year and ate every day at his shack. Never tried the omlettes but we thought the fish, prawns and mixed hakka noodles were excellent. Worst meal we had was in the Spice Garden. We had the crab and it was ok but the rice and stuff that came with it was horrible.
I don't think you should always judge a place from one meal as most places each time you go and have the same thing it's often quite different, there are only a few places that manage to keep their items the same each time you go. In my opinion the most consistant restuarant is All Spice in Apora, I enjoy going there as they have good food every time.

One of my main dislikes of many of the restuarants is that if there's three for four of you, the food doesn't always come together... SO ANNOYING! - there's a coupld of places that do good food, but I don't go there as sometimes by the last one has got their meal, the others is either cold or finished! Again, All Spice has managed to serve 18+ in one group before all at the same time... The only down side is that they're so popular that we have to go at 5.30 - 6.00 with such a big group as they're always booked up otherwsie...
Having just got back from Goa only yesterday, I would like to say that I unfortunately got a bad stomach from eating a beef sizzler at Bob's inn. the beef was very hard to cut and even harder to chew! I was wondering about it, as I was eating it. However, I did complain and they reduced my bill slightly. I have never been ill before in Goa, and have always been so careful. I definitely wouldn't recommend bob's inn. I am just getting over the worst of it now.
I am one of the unlucky ones who usually falls ill for a couple of days in Goa (doesnt stop me going though!)

My partner has a cast iron stomach, howver, we had both fell ill after a trip to Bobs, my partner blamed his sickness on a ferocious lime soda, mine was down to the portugese fish.

The inn looks lovely, but unfortunatly this put us off returning
Can I just say, some of the beef you get out here is so tuff... It doesn't mean it will give you a dodgy stomach.. It does depend where you buy it from and the type (and price). We used to get our beef from Porvorim and sometimes it was VERY tough, but still completely ok to eat (as we cooked it), we now get it from Cold storage in Candolim, it's always gorgeous from there... Just incase anyone was interested. I'd like to know where Big Banana gets their beef from (for there lovely Steak Burgers (only 80 Rs/- with Chips). That's always so nice, although after one night I had a bad stomach, again, it's very difficult to pin pint what gave you the poorly stomach, huge amount of possibilities, nt always down to food (did yoou swim in the sea and swallow sea water etc...)
unless a steak is off there really is'nt much that can make you ill ! we seem to always blame a meal for it but as rob says it usually is something completely different, us blokes always blame food and forget about the 20 bottles of kingfisher ( large usually ) and one glass of water ! we had in the blazing heat.i am always a bit careful to name/blame a said eatery as its usually down to something else
Worst food I had was at a little place that came highly recommended it was called "the Goan Hideout" in Varca. It wasn't that it made us ill or anything it just looked horrid, tasted horrid and the service was abismal.
Hapi,

Perhaps you could recommend places in Goa where you have enjoyed the food? :wink:
We prefer to moan about the places we dont like Piglet :lol:
Only joking :wink:
I think my top 3 would be:

1. After Seven
2. Kim Faa
3. All Spice
re favourite food posts - I think you will find quite a few ideas here!! :lol:
Thanks Fiona!! Just agreed with the bosses that we have 2 weeks in November and 4 in January!! YIPEE!! :lol:
Thr recommendations on here for good restaurants is fantastic. We tried many of them in february this year, but we've still tons to visit yet. Hence the reason why we are returning November 2006 and February 2007 :D
well 1 of the reasons :lol:
Restaurants where I have enjoyed food in the past few years (in no particular order)

This year - Sublime, Poisson Rouge, Xaviers, Navtara, Curlies, Fusion,
Jam Connection, Bean Me Up, Casa Nostra, Lila Cafe, sunday lunch at Jungle Village

Didnt make it this year but never had a bad meal - J&A, Cavala, Oriental,

Good Hotel Buffet - Marriot

Best food this season, my tastes, my opinion, has to be Sublime.
Next door (behind) to the Riverside hotel, Baga, Calangute side of ugly bridge. They close Saturday.
First or second shack or restaurant on the left side after the bridge in Calangute beach.
the Spice Garden.

this has too be the worst place to eat in Goa.

now I wouldnt say they are robbers, not me but R280/- for 2 icecreams and R60/- for a brandy and a kings 50?

and the food was, cant think of another word for crap

lez
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.