General Holiday Enquiries, Hints and Tips

General Holiday Enquiries? Got General Hints & Tips? Post Them Here.
Hi Babs,

We are working on something that might email people and prompt themto come back and leave comment.

Chris
Couldn't agree more Babs. Many times I've replied to queries on the Tunisia forum, often giving long and extensive advice and suggestions, which the original poster has not even acknowledged. I, like others, keep doing it because we are happy to pass on information which may be helpful but sometimes I'm sure we wonder why we bother.
I think that you - and others here - are a nicer person than me Aslemma because the sort of behaviour you and Babs refer to is one of the reasons that has contributed to me being less active here. I confess that if something has been posted by a new poster I tend to keep my initial reply quite short, or if somebody else has already replied, I don't post at all until I see that they've acknowledged in some way the other replies. I just got fed up of posting long replies that tried to answer somebody's question in some detail and then never even knowing whether they'd found it useful or not. The ones that most irritated me were those whom you could see on the old board had never even bothered returning to check if anybody had answered! Why post in the first place if you are not going to even read any replies?

I used to be quite active in the Complaints forum but now I'm far more circumspect about replying to posts there - I just got so fed up with being told in a very accusatory (and sometimes very rude and aggresive way) that I must work for the TO/TA concerned if my reply wasn't what the OP wanted to hear. My experience is that posters on the Cuba forum do usually thank those who reply and I think that it isn't a coincidence that it is the forum where I remainmost active.

SM
A prime example of one such post here, given good advice which I know was seen by OP then they haven't come back online since 12th August. http://www.holidaytruths.co.uk/forum/first-holiday-sharm-sheikh-t156632.html

Mind you it is not just new posters I can give you instances of well established poster that are happy to just post and post more questions in a forum without as much as a thank you for the replies already received from members.

It doesn't really bother me you understand :D

I will say THANK YOU to our band of regulars who are more than happy to pass on their vast knowledge :bow
Graham
I happen to think you're a very nice person indeed SMa. :smile: Sometimes of course we do get an acknowledgement from people who have found our advice useful and because of this we keep ploughing on but I think in future I may be tempted to keep it brief until there is at least a response.
this is one of those annoying things, many members give a lot of time and effort to answer questions, and in many instances there is no feedback, unfortunately it seems to be the modern thing to do [like applying for jobs most companies cant be bothers to send even a standard thank you but sorry letter]

wiz
Would it be possible to have 'thanks' box - on (don't laugh) DIY handy man forum that I go on from time to time it has such a box and, when I have read the information I want to I just press the 'thanks' button, which I assume generates a e-mail to the poster of the advice, which makes it worthwhile
Hi
I usaually reply with the outcome of my initial question, even if it is to say thank you......its only manners :)
There are some people out there without any manners, not just on here but out in the community as well :(
M
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.