Spain - Balearics - Menorca Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Menorca.
I can only base this on the places we have eaten so far - I am sure other people have more experience of eating out in Menorca than me (we have been three times to Menorca in the last 2 years)

Best Tapas bar is La Rueda in Saint Luis (this was recommended to me by an English guy who lives in Calan Porter and travels half an hour plus to eat here most weeks). It has a great reputation amongst the people who live on the Island - it is nothing special to look at - but the food is authentic tapas and great value and it is always busy

Best carvery is La Picadero Saint Luis (next to where they have the horse trotting races) Massive choice of starters, mains and deserts - from what I understand this place has been there for many years - owned by an English gentleman - you can choose to have an all you can eat price or an all you can eat and drink price !! ( You can tell it is English owned just by that !) There is so much choice

Best quality and service - Relatively new restaurant called Asia which has opened in s'Algar - the food we had here was better than any Oriental restaurant I have ever experienced in England we only found it on our last night in the resort but will be going back several times when we go back on holiday today !!

I think the best setting for an evening meal is Es Castell in Mahon where you could take your pick from numerous restaurants overlooking the harbour

I have also read of several fine cusine restaurants on the Island which have great reputations but because we have two young children we have not been able to try them - must get the "in laws" to come on holiday with us next year !!
will have to make a note of all of these!
There are two very good restaurants in Cala'n Blanes, Haiti and Bianco, both very close to each other on the main roundabout in calan Blanes. Haiti has a tropical decor, and the restaurant is open all round, making it feel as if you were eating outside. Very good food, huge selection, and reasonable prices. Very friendly and helpful staff too.
Restaurant Boni in Son Bou (upstairs opposite the twin towers), Dinkums in Es Castell (set into the caves by the waterside), Halissys in Son Parc (above the strip) and The San Jose Farmhouse, just outside of Mahon on the road to Fornells...(but you have to book).

It's making me hungry just thinking about it!!!
There are lots of lovely places to eat in Menorca, too many to mention, make sure you try a different place every night!
Since my last post we have had another holiday and I would like to add

es caragol (I think that is how you spell it) - on the coast road from Binibeca to Punta prima - great location and the freshest fish you can imagine

best location to eat at overall has to be cales fonts harbour in es castell (lots of nice restaurants to choose from but at night the atmosphere and setting are unbeatable in my opinion) - a few craft type market stalls there as well
My ultimate best was Es Pitus in Calan Blanes. It is the 1st turnng on the left after you enter the resort past the round about. The food was absolutely spectacular. Try the Roast Lamb, or the cod in Marinera sauce mmmhmmm
Just back from another trip to Menorca! had to add this one...

Sa Barraca...just outside Son Parc on the road to Mahon...gorgeous food - try the Crayfish or the lamb....followed by their profiteroles...delicious!
Another vote here for Es Pitus in Cala n Blanes the food was excellent :D
Sue
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.