Butlins Holiday Park

• Food
  • Location
Julie
13 years 2 months ago
Based on the previous reports we were not looking forward to going. We were pleasantly surprised. We paid for Gold accommodation and judging from the other comments I think this must have been a good move.

Accommodation was clean and roomy.

We were near all facilities but it wans't too noisy (except for the seagulls and I don't think you can blame Butlins for that). The other accommodation did look a bit prison campish.

The food was fantastic. Due to being Gold we ate in the Yacht club, you had the same table every day (which was good for our young sons)and the choice and quality was amazing for dinner and breakfast. I would definitely recommend anyone to upgrade to this as the other food halls didn't look anywhere near as nice.

We went to the beach a few times but didn't really like the look of the sea and things that were washed up but our boys loved playing in the sand. I did get a bit tired of the amusements in the skyline so we didn't spend a lot of time in there.

Our boys had their best holiday yet and we will definitely go back again, probably for 4 days rather than a week. We found the staff to be fine and if we had a problem they sorted it out quickly.

There is a lot of free entertainment but it was hard not to spend money as equally there was a lot that you had to pay for which was the only thing that we weren't happy about

Travel operator: Independent

Steele
13 years 3 months ago
Although we were upgraded at no cost to an apartment, the overall experience was pretty awful.

The Restaurant should be renamed the canteen, and the entertainment centre, (particularly centre stage) was sticky to the touch, that includes table tops the bar tops and the carpets. Some bleach and Mr Muscle needed urgently.

Alright for kids, and chip lovers, although the prices were very expensive, nothing free at Butlins anymore. A bottomless purse or wallet needed

Travel operator: booked direct

13 years 5 months ago
What can I say, just come back from Butlins, and never had a worst experience.

Lets start with the cleanliness, the toilet had a spider squashed on the seat, the bath had live and dead insects(spiders,ants and flys)in it, the bed covers looked dirty, the pillows had some dark black stuff over them.

The food(if thats what you can call it), gave 3 out of 4 of us food poisoning, and it pretty hard to tell what food it was, i did have to ask on the first night.

When we got back after the dinner, outside our apartment, we had a bin back ripped outside, to which it took over 12 hours, to be moved, and when it was the soiled nappies where left outside our room for a good 4 or 5 hours longer.
on the plus point(the only one), the pool was really good.

All in all, I will not be going to butlins, and prtty sure I can say that to the other 3 in our party.

Travel operator: Butlins

Kirsty
13 years 6 months ago
I love visiting Butlins. We have fun every time we go. The rooms are really clean and the food is delicious,you can eat as much as you like.

Entertainment is great the redcoats are really talented and Butlins often have famous people there to take away an extra special memory of the holiday.

The staff are really friendly, they are never sad they are always smiling and I would definietly return. I highly recommend to everyone.

Travel operator: Butlins

13 years 6 months ago
I went down to Minhead to run workshops for a conference, so technically speaking I wasn't a guest.

I've been working at the different Butlins venues for more than 10 years now, and IMO Butlins has improved immeasurably.

Most of the chalets are now very clean and comfortable and more than adequately equipped.

Travel operator: Private booking

Jan
13 years 7 months ago
We stayed in a 8 berth caravan on the Butlins site. We only paid

Travel operator: private

JANICE
13 years 7 months ago
We stayed in the Silver Accomodation, it was basic, and very cramped.We stayed for four nights,the bin was emptied on two occasions, and the beds were made up just the once.

Travel operator: BOOKED WITH BUTLINS DIRECTLY

13 years 8 months ago
We stayed in a deluxe apartment which was lovely. It had two bedrooms, 1 with a double bed, but the room was big enough to put another 2 beds in, and the other room had 2 single beds, again another big bedroom.

The double room had a portable telly and a safe in it and in the lounge was a 3 piece suite, telly, video player and dvd player.

We had a good sized bathroom with both a shower and a bath. There was no kitchen but we had a fridge, ironing board and iron and tea and coffee making facilities, which was fine as we were half board.

The room was spotless and if you had a problem then there are always security and staff walking about, so we just went and spoke to them and the problem was fixed straight away. We found the food to be excellent.

The breakfast's were full english breakfasts, cereal, fruit, toast and jam, fruit juice, tea and coffee. The evening meals were varied with lots to choose from. Proper 3 courses if you wanted to. Always piping hot and plenty of it.We found the staff to be friendly enough.

The entertainment was good lasting to 2am. We went on an adult only weekend, so there was no kids about atall.There were several bands playing when we were there, the bars are always very busy and can get abit overcrowded.

There are lots of other things going on during the day and night. The funfair, swimming pool with water shoots, crazy golf, bingo, amusement arcades and much more. A short walk takes you down to the baech or up into the town centre.We love it here and have been lots of times with and without the kids.

A good place for a hen or stag weekend, birthdays or just a family break, but be warned you can end up spending lots and lots of money. It's cheaper to go abroad! But it's still great and a good laugh.

Travel operator: Direct with Butlins

14 years ago
Stayed in a silver apartment for a three night break.

Apartment was clean and quite modern, the kitchen was very small and the rooms felt slightly damp if you didnt leave the heating on low.

Used the new key care system to get in and out of the apartment, prefer this to the keys.

The restaurants and cafes were fairly priced, as was the supermarket on site.

All the staff except the redcoats seemed european, especially in the restaurants.

Minehead itself is well worth a look, lots of shops and cafes, we also went on the steam train that departs from there.

My nephew especially liked "bobs yard" in the resort, got his photo taken with bob the builder and was able to purchase it for

Travel operator: private

Ian R
14 years ago
I cant believe what I have been reading ,what a fantastic place this is :rooms clean and lovely,food very good,entertainment 1st class, (Redcoats go out of their way to make the children have fun.

Just brilliant !

Travel operator: n/a

Recommended

Looking to stay here? You can check the accommodation availability and get the best prices using the link below:

Holiday Truths Forum
Holiday Truths Forum

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.