Greece and other Greek Island Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Greece and other Greek Islands.
busiest
19 Posts
I would suggest either Rhodes, Crete or Corfu.

They have great nightlife, I can give all the info you may need on Rhodes, there's bar street in town, the Old town bar street, Faliraki and Lindos.

PM me if you need more info
You can add Kos and Zante to that list in fact most of the bigger mainstream islands have exactly what you are looking for, just pick the right resort
one of my friend went to kos this week,so ill ask when he get back thanks :)
Malia Crete absolutely bouncing for the young.
Rick
Kavos, Corfu
Laganas, Zakynthos (Zante)
Malia, Crete
Faliraki, Rhodes
and
Kardamena, Kos

are the main young and lively resorts.

Also Hersonnissos, Crete attracts a lot of similar but more european (I mainly met Dutch and Irish people there)
dont want to sound like a one track minded person, but if the ladies are there, then im there.
chris after reading the artical in the mail on Tuesday I would say best place for you for the ladies is Kardamena, Kos
:oops:
damn it, i am going paphos tomorrow and my mate has gone to Kos.

So in fewer words what did the article say?
Never been to Greece before but looking at a few holidays. Noticed many of the accommodations especially Kosmar/Olympic state "Use Of Pool". What exactly does this mean? I take it the actual hotel doesnt have one but you can use one in a neighbouring hotel? Is this free or do you have to pay for "Use" of other pools?

Thanks for any help
Hi bagand
Use of pool is as you say, the use of a pool at another hotel/studio complex usually close to where you are staying. Never known anywhere to make a charge for this. They do often insist that you refrain from taking any food or drinks with you though, and use the snack bar on-site. (Bottles of water are allowed)
Most, if not all, snack bars are cheap to eat at and serve good food.

Andy.
Thanks for the help, for the price were paying its not a problem to nip round the corner for the pool i guess!
Dear Smee53,
Went to Scala in Kefalonia 3 years ago and most of the pools charged for sunbeds and use of the pool. One place wanted to charge us 3 Euro each at 3.30pm (12 Euro total), my children having spent most of the day at the beach wanted a couple of hours in a pool. We were quite happy to buy drinks and snacks at the poolside bar but they still insisted on their 12 Euro..... we walked away. I have to say that last year we stayed in Molyvos(Lesbos)where again we were asked to pay 3 Euro at the Acrapol Hotel/Apartments run by First Choice. As this was the only local pool, we either decided to spend a day at the beach or at the pool. When you are paying 5-6Euro for 2 sunbeds on the beach it is expensive over a 2 week holiday to also pay for poolside facilities. Especially as this is a new trend, 10 years ago in Greece it was always the custom to use a pool but buy your drinks and snacks there as payment.
Going to Skiathos later int year, will report back on pool payments when we get back.
Hi Rhombus
That is the first time I've ever heard of someplace charging for "use of pool". Was the accomodation you were staying at advertising a specific place for pool use?
I know that if you wander in to another hotel etc. to use the pool, they can sometimes charge, but it seems unusual for anywhere to charge if they have agreed with a tour operator to allow use of their pool.
Most accomodation which advertise use of pool mention a particular place to use.
All I can say is that I've been to three or four Greek islands and have stayed a couple of times at a complex with use of pool at another named complex, and have never been charged.

Andy.
Hi Andy,
We were not staying at the Acrapol, residents did not have to pay the 3 Euro that we did. However, I am sure that 10 years ago they could not of got away with charging non residents for the use of the pool. In Skiathos 10 years ago we used a different pool every day and was not once charged. As long as you bought a drink at the pool side bar that was OK.
Greece is no longer a cheap holiday, in the bars you can pay more for a pint than in my local pub in the middle of London.
Kefalonia was the most expensive Island we have been to. Where have you tried and would you recommend it for a family holiday?.
Hi Bag,

We have been to Greece twice with Olympic. Once in Halkidiki we had a our own pool but last year in Kefalonia had "use of a pool" at a nearby named hotel. There was no charge for this. Their policy is usually to provide accomodation with a pool or use of a nearby pool.
Cheers everyone for your help. Our Olympic accommodation has the "Use Of Pool" logo and states "Use of several pools nearby". As logn as there is a pool somewhere I don't really mind!
We have been going to Greece for the last 9 years several times a year.

We had to pay for umbrellas in Rhodes but it was a minimal charge and they ask you to buy drink at the bar, they are running a business after all. We have tried lots of different pools and they are all generally available just wander in and swim.

Last 3 years we have been to Kefalonia to Katelios. We wander at will using pools and have never been charged there, it is a very quiet place and pools are very underused in September so you can find plenty of beds and choice.

We are off again in 2 weeks and I can't wait.
Just got back from Skiathos. The most expensive Island we have been to. However they do not charge for the use of pools.....but it is only time before they get round to that.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.