General Holiday Enquiries, Hints and Tips

General Holiday Enquiries? Got General Hints & Tips? Post Them Here.
Not that you're counting! But ok, I'll buy into this thread with 3 weeks and 6 days until we sail away. :cheers

Not going to do the maths re hours as it makes my head hurt :rofl
30 days cant wait plenty of :sun2 and even more :cheers x
Been back for 221 hours .......boo hooo :cry
7 weeks and 5 days :) My first holiday solo ....... frightened and excited all rolled into one :think
Where are you going dinner-lady?
I am off to Chicago to visit family .....not been for over 30 years ....last time i went with my parents...... this time I am going on my own whilst hubby stops at home looking after our new doggy .....so excited
Oh excellent :tup I'm sure you'll have a brilliant time. I've flown on my own before and it's no bother. My friend even travelled to Australia on her own to meet up with a friend and, despite having a 3 hour stop over in Dubai, didn't have any problems at all. It'll be a new adventure for you :pele
5,443,200 seconds
90,720 minutes
1512 hours
63 days
9 weeks
dinner-lady wrote:
I am off to Chicago to visit family .....not been for over 30 years ....last time i went with my parents...... this time I am going on my own whilst hubby stops at home looking after our new doggy .....so excited

Chicago is my favourite City. Where are you staying?
I am staying about an hour out of Chicago in a place called Valparaiso. The last time I stayed she lived in Portage which I believe is not far away. Not too far from lake Michigan as well.
dinner-lady wrote:
I am staying about an hour out of Chicago in a place called Valparaiso. The last time I stayed she lived in Portage which I believe is not far away. Not too far from lake Michigan as well.

valparaiso is beautiful. It is actually in Indiana rather than Illinois. If you get a chance try and get to the Indiana Dunes. Miles and miles of beautiful beaches. We went in April and it was exhilarating.
In one week from today we'll be in Cefalu Sicily.
We went to Villasimius Sardinia last year and really enjoyed it, but this year we are trying Sicily. I like to go somewhere different each year.
Of all the holidays I've had lately the only two I would return to are Naxos and Sardinia.
3,974,400 seconds
66,240 minutes
1104 hours
46 days
6 weeks (rounded down) until we go to Egypt for our first time :D
Qman wrote:
In one week from today we'll be in Cefalu Sicily.
We went to Villasimius Sardinia last year and really enjoyed it, but this year we are trying Sicily. I like to go somewhere different each year.
Of all the holidays I've had lately the only two I would return to are Naxos and Sardinia.

Sardinia does look lovely and I've often fancied Sicily. Was Sardinia expensive?
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.