General Holiday Enquiries, Hints and Tips

General Holiday Enquiries? Got General Hints & Tips? Post Them Here.
been looking for my 17 year old daughter too and first choice say that you have to be 18 to book a holiday or 17 with parents consent. maybe if the lead name was 17 and had consent it woould be o.k???
Not sure from your post if you are trying to book it diy e.g. hotel and flights separately. If not, then I think that's your best chance.

I fly to majorca regularly as my boyfriend lives there, so you shouldn't have any problems getting flights (I usually pick them via skyscanner.net). I often fly with one airline and return with another.

If you look on the Majorca forum, there are lots of posts about accommodation so I would book that first, and then book the flights to tie in with whatever dates you get accommodation for. You may find a private let would be better than a hotel (although they may sleep more than 2), but it will depend which resort they want and what other facilities.

Unfortunately a minority of teenagers these days are giving the majority a bad name, so hotels may be more inclined to set an 18 limit as they are legally classed as an adult (although they have no doubt been paying adult prices from about 12 or 14 years old!!)

Hope you find something soon.

Louise
Yeah louise I totaly agree with you! My sons very responsible and i know for a fact he wouldnt dare cause trouble as i wouldnt trust him ever again and he knows it :tongue .

But yeah with holidays they seem to use the term adult when it suits them :think

I asked about private letting and the woman said "from past experience I dont take bookings from people under 25" !!! thats maybe a bit far fetched! She must be losing out big time as palma nova tends to attract younger people :que . I found a website called medlifehotels which accepts bookings from under 18's and i was like this is great finaly some light! But when i emailed them just to check everything etc. she told me that they were changing there t&c's regarding booking made for people under 18! Seemed too good to be true!! :duh

aww well we'll see.
Many private renters won't take teenagers because they have had bad experiences with them in the past and people just can't afford the looses that can occur. Even without damage, apartments are often left in a state that a normal changeover clean can be difficult to complete on time!

I do take them and I've always been lucky that they have been responsible, but then my apartment is not in an area with nightlife, so we tend to attract the type that are looking for a quiet holiday and won't be arriving home drunk each night.

It might be worth offering a large increase on the damage deposit to persuade owners that yours are responsible and trustworthy!
Hi,
my son and his friends have travelled to Magaluf twice and they are under 18. I booked flights and accommodation separate. The first time i booked the accomodation with findmeaccom.com, and they asked for a letter of consent. They stayed at The Royal Beach Apartments which were in the heart of the resort .......ideal with them being so young. The next time we used wintersunshineholidays, they said they did not need a letter of consent, but to be on the safe side i would always ask. They had no problems, everything ran smoothly.......thank goodness ( i did worry whilst they were away ) and they had a great time both holidays. Also have a look at travel republic. I would recommend ringing the accomodation provider rather than booking on the internet or at least speak to somone just to check the hotel you want to book accepts under 18s before booking. Good luck, if you need any more info just ask.
Maxine
Thanks stella great help ! :D Aww I know ill be worried sick, ill get "its only majorca daddd" hehe lol.

Trusting him he wont even find his check in desk!! :P
You will be surprised how responsible they can be when they know there's no mum or dad to rely on. There's no one more forgetful than my son, he just doesn't think for himself. Mum does that for him!!!! They only went for short breaks though.......5 nights in April, enjoyed it that much they went back in July for 6 nights. They said 2 weeks would of been to much for them and me to.
Let us know how you get on even though the best deals may not be out yet if they are not going till next year.
My parents worry about me going and I'm 33 and left home at 18! :rofl

I'm sure they will be fine. Palma airport is very big, but its also very well signposted. I also agree that its amazing how incapable teenagers become when parents are around - its amazing what the 15 year olds can do when they do their work experience with me/my team and yet they can't make their bed!!

To prevent my parents worrying, I send a text message as soon as I arrive. If he has a mobile (probably a stupid question these days) you could ask him to do the same, and also to send one every couple of days so you don't worry. Its less obvious to his friend that he's phoning home, so he won't look "uncool"!!! but means you're happy. :)

Louise
Aww yeah im sure he'll cope without me haha!
And i think I'll cope without him hehe!

Ooo thanks louise you've give me an Idea how to emabaras him haha :rofl

Hes wishing our Life away for this holiday, were going to turkey in sept im like slow down boyo!

:sun2
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.