Turkey Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Turkey.
I'm sure there must be lots of suitable self-catering accommodation available for you.Try looking on Holidaylettings, Owners Direct, Villarenters, Holiday Rentals. Or just search for accommodation in the areas you want to go. To be honest, you're spoilt for choice really.
hi

akyaka is lovely we are going there in july and oct , there are lots of places to stay in sc or small hotels, we have a small apt we rent out if youre interested let me know, its small doesnt have a pool although the hotel 5 mins walk allow you to use their pool and thats fab, 10 mins walk to the beach, 5 mins walk to the top of akyaka. if you want any info on akyaka let me know , as we have been holidaying there for about 5 years now. have you seen the photos i put in the gallery , if not have a look
Try calis beach only 30 mins transfer@ £ 20 each way total [ for both of you] very good hotels and cheaper than other areas. nice walks ect , hotels oykun @ £23 per room per night free aircon others that are good riben beach/ pelen /mulhan/ ceren all 2 mins from front and no hassel, just a chill out small resort
rocketron have you been to akyaka as the prices there are very reasonable being a turkish resort and not a tourist place like calis, my mother lives in turkey and visited calis and hated it, akyaka has stunning scenery and lots of lovely places to walk as random number wanted
Yes Akyaka is loverly although a bit of a distance from airport, why dont you try Dalyan its beautiful very scenic, loverly walks along the river, nice places to stay, loverly people, nice beach and excursions.
Also 30 mins transfer, try Minta apart, really nice people and accomadation, 5 mins from town in quiet residential area, you will find them on trip advisor or any search engine, we visited last year.
Turunc may also suit you. The scenery is stunning, its a small resort but with plenty of bars and restaurants in one main street which is pedestrianised at night.
It is also very easy to get around by dolmus or water taxi to Icmeler,Marmaris or to other very small unspoilt bays in the other direction.
We have an apartment there but it is booked for the dates you are going, if you want me to put you in touch with any other owners of apartments in our complex or others please let me know. September is an extremely popular month, as the weather is just that little bit cooler, but still wonderful!
We have stayed in the okalitpus apartments Akyaka which are about 8-10 mins walk from the beach (slightly less to the nearest minimarketand shops) The apartments are excellent, very clean and quiet with a pool bar and cafe area The pool area is lovely too. I have just emailed muammer to get price for this year but if I remember correctly last year it was around £250 for the week (early June)but that was for a 2 bedroomed apartment so a one bedroomed apartment would have been less. the bedroom had aircon included too. The prices for this year are not on the website http://www.tomsanokaliptus.com but if you email Muammer will get back to you quite quickly
akyaka sounds the sort of place you would like if, as you say you prefer scenic walks to nightclubs as the surrounding area is beautiful and the nightlife centres more around restaurants than banging music bar./nightclubs (though there are a few bars around)
I think I may have replied to your question on another site but not sure as username is different
I just received a reply to my email to okaliptus that I sent earlier this evening (told you he was quick in replying!)

A1 bedroomed apart for Sept is £25 a night (for Aug £35 a night)
Thank you Fionay, I have now also sent an email enquiry.

We now have several accommodation options, so things are looking up.

Airport transfers are probably the next thing to worry about...

Cheers.
If you do opt for the okaliptus then muammer can arrange transfers I think it's £40 each way from Dalaman. We always get him to arrange it and it is always there waiting for us totaly reliable
its only about 50 mins away, we use either pandora cars that are very relaible and always top of the range cars or the local taxi rank and use a chap called zinhi hes lovely and never over charges . good luck with where ever you decide
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.