Turkey Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Turkey.
found your report,really interesting,as we are going to icmeler,for the first time next year,so i am enjoying,reading up,about it.
we are off to altinkum,this month,but so looking forward,to icmeler next year.
glad you had a good holiday :)
tracy
Glad you loved Icmeler - it's a lovely resort with, as you've said, wonderful friendly people who go out of their way to make your holiday special. Never thought I'd keep returning to the same place time and time again - but that was until I discover Icmeler!
Great stuff, glad to hear about another convert. You almost need a step ladder to tackle those Yorkshires!

tracy99 - hope you have a great time in Altinkum but next year I am sure you will be writing the same sort of trip report about Icmeler.
thank you!
its hubby,that likes altinkum & as it's always,an extra holiday for us,mexico is our main one,this year,i let him have his way.well for 2 years anyway :tup
next year,we have olu deniz & icmeler booked,both new resorts,to us,so looking forward,to new experiences!
one of my customers,always used to go to altinkum,then went to icmeler 3 years ago & has never been back to altinkum since,he loves icmeler!
after reading all the posts,on here,i am positive,we will feel the same :)
sorry,iv'e gone :offtop
tracy
Great report Julian.

We've been to Marmaris 3 times & Bodrum once & are now definate Turkey converts, after initially doing the usual Canaries/Balearics circuit. We've decided to try somewhere different next year & either Icmeler or Oludeniz are top of our list. I think we will definately try Icmeler next time as no one ever seems to have a bad word to say about the place.
Thanks guys, I'm already looking to book next year.... and maybe late October this year as well.

Dose anyone know if Icmeler is still "open" last week of October and what weather to expect then?

J.
Julian

I have been in October, albeit the 1st 2 weeks, and am going back for that period this time. The weather was lovely, low to mid 30s during the day and high 20s even into the wee small hours. One fiercesome storm one late afternoon (but I love watching them) and heavy rain off and on for the rest of the night. Dry otherwise. Everywhere was still open and plenty of people around. I suspect this will carry on for a little while, remembering that you will get the half-term rush in the last week.

I can't imagine the weather will deteriorate that much in the latter part of the month, although I have read that you can get a little more rain. If you are dedicated shoppers many of the shops are just trying to offload remaining stocks so bargains are there.

John
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.