Turkey Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Turkey.
Part of the reason that some resorts are quieter is because it is Ramazan now (Aug 1st for a month). Turkish people tend not to take their holidays during that time and prefer to be at home. I was passing a bus station in a resort just before it started and the buses going off to Ankara, Izmir and Istanbul were full of people going home. The Seker Bayram (Sugar festival) will mark the end of Ramazan at the end of the month and then everywhere will be very busy again with a 3 day holiday full of celebrations.
JMK wrote:
Part of the reason that some resorts are quieter is because it is Ramazan now (Aug 1st for a month). Turkish people tend not to take their holidays during that time and prefer to be at home. I was passing a bus station in a resort just before it started and the buses going off to Ankara, Izmir and Istanbul were full of people going home. The Seker Bayram (Sugar festival) will mark the end of Ramazan at the end of the month and then everywhere will be very busy again with a 3 day holiday

jmk i think you miss-understood me when referring to icmeler being half empty
by the lack of tourists around nothing to do with local people around resort.
hope this clarifys it. :)
Yes I understood. Turkish people can be tourists too. They come to the resorts for their holidays just the same as foreigners. Many come from Istanbul, Izmir, Ankara and other big cities. Some of them have holiday homes by the coast and others stay in hotels just as foreigners do, they are not locals in these areas. Anyway as I said loads have gone home for Ramazan but they will be back to the resorts for their holidays once the suagr festival begins.
Good report, thanks for posting, that rate is looking very healthy at the minute :tup
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.