Camping and Caravanning UK and Europe

Discussions regarding camping and caravanning in the UK and the rest of Europe.
I'm about to renew my car insurance this week and am moving back to Aviva (haven't taken the car to France for a couple of years so have been able to shop around) as they can include cover for Europe plus European Breakdown cover for less than the cheapest quote I'm getting elsewhere for only 3rd party cover for Europe. I have priced it in the past and breakdown cover works out quite expensive so it often works out cheaper to pay slightly more for your insurance knowing that it includes everything for your trip abroad.
Not been to Holland but from what I understand is that prices are similar to the UK maybe a little cheaper

The hidden costs
Motorway tolls = not sure of the cost in Holland but as you will be going via France probably Calais then http://www.autoroutes.fr/ can help you calculate the cost

As for breakdown cover your normal UK one will do an add-on for European travel

BUT don't forget your FREE EHIC card (organise early form from Post Offices ) and personal holiday insurance especially if anyone has medical problems

Check hire terms in case there are extra hire costs you wern't made aware of (linen hire etc)
BUT don't forget your FREE EHIC card (organise early form from Post Offices ) and personal holiday insurance especially if anyone has medical problems

You can apply online to the NHS for your free EHIC via the direct weblink on page 1 of our EUROPEAN HEALTH INSURANCE CARD topic.

We also have a separate TRAVEL INSURANCE topic, page 1 of which has links to lots of insurers which have been recommended by our members.

David :wave
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.