Turkey Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Turkey.
I have been looking for 2008. We are going to the xanadu belek this year. I was looking at the Cornelia de luxe, but they do not have many al a cartes. The other place was the Delephin Palace. Just cannot make up my mind. I spend ages on the internet looking as well. :P
Been to sun zeynep four times now and we are booked up for another two ,two weeks visits this year , dont think we will be going anywhere else but there next year.

Bluepeterno1
Hello all
I am definitly having withdrawal syptoms!! Last turkish holiday was May 2005 in Icemeler.
Booking now for 2008 to have something to look forward to.
Have tried maramaris and Icemeler, fancy a change... thought we might give Hisaronu a go..Pine Hills apartments look quite nice..and more to the point reasonable.Family of 5 so we normally find self catering the best..
Anyone got any thoughts on Hisaranu compared to Icemer.we did love it there..so feeling a bit torn?

:?:
i prefer olu deniz which is 2 miles away as i like to be able to view the sea, in my opinion icmeler is nicer than hisaronu, as hisaronu isnt scenic just full of bars, restaurants and shops catering mainly for the brits, but it really depends what you like, i like to have nice views so therefore i would opt for olu deniz but as everyone likes different things only you can decide what your preferences are
Booked a couple of weeks ago for August 2008. After much research we decided on the Larespark in Lara. Facilities look good for the kids and the food is getting great reviews which is quite unusual for an AI hotel,certainly in Turkey. Really pleased with the price, coming in at under 3K for two adults and two children. Just need to hope that this years reviews are OK now!!

Pam :D
We've never been to Turkey (normally do Greece),but are looking at Turgutreis for 08. We like traditional places with nice scenery, but with plenty of tavernas, good eating places, and an occasional music bar or quiz. Only visit the beach once or twice so it doesn't have to be fantastic. We don't like places that are overrun with Brits. Can anyone help? Does Turgutreis tick all or most of our boxes.
have a look at these links we love it here, traditional turkey beautiful scenery, nice beach, lovely restaurants and good prices and best of all hardly any brits lol

http://www.turkuaz-guide.net/gokova.html

http://www.akyakam.com/akyaka/english/index.html

http://akyaka.com/index.php
If it was just hubby & I this place would fit the bill, but as there's a group of 6 of us I think it will probably be too quiet. Thanks
I'm looking at olu deniz resort hotel.
Prices are a bit hight at the mo compared to last year so i think im going to leave it a while
We had a look at Olu Deniz but the transfer time of 2 hours is a little bit too long for us.
AI
Sorry all , just realised this is an AI topic and we're looking at SC or HB Appologies. I'd better start another topic
Oops!!
Thanks Helen T
I thought AL stood for Annual Leave!!!!
I too will start another topic!!

:oops:
We loved Olu Deniz (didn't like Hisonaru at all) but it is a very small resort so wouldn't want to go back as we like to try new places. We stayed at Sun City and had no problems with it - except it was a smaller hotel than we were used to.

Wendywu
Like you, I'll spend ages fishing the net to see what deals are around. Last year we got a better deal over the phone than the net.

ndshelton

I'm finding the prices a bit steep, last year we booked in July/August 06 for August 07 and we paid £500 less than we would if we were booking it now.

Will look at suggestions - keep em coming :D
just booked club kadikale for aug 4th next year been before 2 yrs ago did look at other places i turkey but got a good deal from thomas cook for there again so booked it
turgetries is quiet and not over run by tourists well as of 2 years ago it wasnt it has a market once a week there are resturants along the sea front and a few bars and shops. I liked it when we took a taxi ride over when we stayed at the club kadikale 2 years ago. In fact i have booked to go again aug next year with thomas cook got a good deal from them. :P Taxi wanst expensive either 15 lira each way.
Hi!

We are off to the Hemera in Side on the 8th July,not at all certain that AI is for us although this hotel seems to have a good reputation.Just had a wee look on the Thomas Cook site and noted that for 2 weeks in June 08 flying from Glasgow the 4 star Hemera AI is £1502 for a couple, a selff-catering 3 star apartment in lovely Icmeler is £1114 for roughly the same dates. So if the Hemera works out this year we may book it again, although I must confess I think I would prefer the flexibility of a apartment, my good lady however thinks differently!LOL!

Alistair
Nyle

You'll see this arguement time and time again in the threads on this site - some love AI, some hate it.

On our first holiday abroad with the kids we went through a fortune on soft drinks and ice creams etc - we were in a mixed HB & AI hotel, the people on AI never had money on them (of course) and didn't pay that much more than us for their holiday. We have never been HB since. This will be our first holiday without kids but we've still booked AI as we've paid £1500 for the Royal Asarlik for two weeks, so that works out at £375 pw each for accomadation, flights and ALL food and drink. For that price we don't mind eating out because it's so cost effective. If you are in a large party then an apartment may well work out cheaper but not for us as a couple (as a couple of what you may ask :D )

I have EXACTLY the same holiday as my husband - I know you can eat out at breakfast, lunch, dinner & supper but I'm sure most women in an apartment do make some meals and then there is some washing up/tidying etc to be done.
Hi Jillym,

Never been AI in turkey so a wee bit concerned it may be a little too much in your face for our liking,however we did get a reasonable deal for July so we will go with an open mind. We have no intentions of staying in the Hemera all day every day just to get our moneys worth!LOL! We are looking forward to getting out and about, walking along the beach to the centre of Side and visiting the local bars and restaurants outside the hotel. Although that said, it may be a wee bit hot to do much in the way of walking around during the day, then again, there are plenty of watering holes nearby!

Alistair
We are off on our first ever AI holiday and are a little unsure what to expect.

Are the meals buffet style or do get a a few choices off a menu?

What are local drinks exactly? If I ask for a beer will it be Efes or some random lager out of a plastic bottle that costs about £1 for 5 litres (the alcoholic equivalent of rola cola) :?

We are staying at the Hotel Oscar or Club Eros as it's now called.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.