Spain - Costa Brava Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in the Costa Brava.
I'm sorry to say i dont think i will be going again , nothing to do with the euro, just that now the kids have spread their wings we can spread our wings. Last year went to Rhodes this year Tunisia, next years is booked for Crete. We always had great holidays travelling with Mr Ferris to the Costa Brava , but its a case of been there done that , nothing has altered , dont know if thats a good or a bad thing , noticed a decline in the Calella area over the years . For those of you that are going back i hope you all have a great time , i still come on to the forum as i love reading people's experiences .
I think we probably went to Estartit because we knew it, but it has declined very badly. Calella DP on the other hand, was beautiful, hence the reason we are going there in 2010
I really like the Costa Brava , the coastline is wonderful , i have enjoyed looking at your pic's Cider they always make me feel as though i am there .
Like you, i probably want to spread my wings a bit ... although not flying, wings is the wrong word!! :rofl

If i enjoy our driving holiday next year, it's something i may do more frequently and just pick some resorts in France, etc, at random.

I always enjoyed going with coach, but my options are so limited now. I don't want to go with people who run the 'hub' system, and whilst i enjoyed my Interbrava holiday this year (great journey, coach stayed in resort, etc) they are so limited in what they offer now, and only do single week holidays during my preferred times of early and late season.
:offtop i know and do apologise , i feel like you Cider to a certain degree about coach holidays or the firm i travelled with , rather restricted to where and when they go . i have to have school holidays because i work in a school . I would like an overnight stop now as i find the straight through journey too much (getting old ).Other coach companies offer other countries but not when i can travel , but for all of you out there thinking of booking a coach holiday for 2010 give it a try , remember to make the journey part of your holiday , sit back and enjoy .
as my friend has been laid off and cant find anything suitable, she has decided that she is going home to bulgaria. so it looks like all my jaunts will now have to be to sofia rather than lloret.
i'll now have to start checking out easyjet and wizzair rather than ryanair.
i hope that as her family will still be in lloret that i will be able to get there once or twice next year, but who knows!
so my trip next month may be my last to lloret for a while (and i've already paid for my december flight :cry ).
Jim you will miss Lloret and Lloret will miss you , i have read most of your posts, and found them to be very helpful . I think i would make the December flight my last and start the new year with a new destination . I will look out for your postings in the Bulgaria section .
I think we're going State Side again next year.

I enjoyed Estartit this year, as a family we decided we will go back in a few years time maybe when my husband and I have a family of our own.

Helen
We didn't go to The Maripins at Malgrat this year, the first year we've missed for about 10 years. I haven't had very good health this year and as the weather was good here this year in sunny Lowestoft we decided not to have a summer holiday. My eldest son spoke to some friends we met up with there last year on MSN and they missed us, so that really made us wish we'd gone. Hopefully we'll get there next year. Although we know every street, shop, face in Malgrat and nothing is new, it means so much to us we have to return! The four of us are flying to Tenerife in a couple of weeks for some winter sun, so we're looking forward to that, but we'll always have a special affection for the Costa Brava (especially The Maripins at Malgrat and all the staff) x
We're off to The Golden taurus Park in pineda in August 2010. It's the first time we have been back there since 1993. We've had loads of trouble with Thomson over this holiday having booked it on an All Inclusive basis over the internet only to find out 2 days ago that All inclusive should never have been available to book and we will only be getting Full Board plus when we get there.
Has any one booked their 2010 holidays with any of the coach companies
and how have the prices compared to last years . I really hope that rising costs wont put people off from booking .
Going by car this year, so haven't even looked at the prices of the coach firms to be honest
Got a quote from Siesta and it has gone up quite a bit from last year. If the euro does not improve then it will probably be a holiday at hame'ldaeme.
My dad is now looking into Estartit again this year but flying.

He liked the idea that you can now take pets (they have a westie) and would love to take him abroad once he gets his pet passport :tongue

I myself have had a wee look and the prices for Interbrava & Siesta for accomodation only and they aren't far apart.

Helen
Booked for the Golden Bahia, Tossa 8th May for 7 nights. Got an unbelievable price for single half board on the Thomson site, booked Ryanair Stansted to Girona. Can't wait!
Although not really the Costa Brava, have booked to stay at the Hotel Merce Pineda.Have seen some good reports on this hotel.
Went to Callela last year after a 10 year gap,and enjoyed the area, and after looking at other destinations decided to go back. :que :whoops
Heading Back to the San Eloy in Tossa De Mar after a three year break. Really looking forward to it as its only a two and a half hour flight and a thirty minute transfer. Have always thoroughly enjoyed my visits there as it has very friendly staff, good food,good facilities and a really hard working entertainment staff. The clientle is made up of returning visitors from all over Europe and it is good to sit down have a beer or two and catch up. Being in the middle of a pine forest is great for walking and running as I really enjoy escaping for a wee while and going for a run. Love Tossa as it really is quite laid back and a pleasure to walk through the narrow streets.
I really find it hard to believe that the British don't arrive in the same numbers anymore to the Costa Brava. The scenery is stunning and the people very friendly.
We are going over to Malgrat this year just for a long weekend. Staying at possibly the worst hotel in Malgrat but only because it is 50 yards away from friends of ours that have a bar so we can't
complain cos we know where we are going........ can't wait !!
suemog,
just curious, but what do you reckon is the worst hotel in Malgrat, and why.
Holiday Truths Forum
Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.