Turkey Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Turkey.
we got flights in july school holidays for 4 £870 flying with easyjet from bristol :D
last year i had to pay £1120 for 4 same time that was with monarch
and would had been cheaper if i looked when ht member told me :cry
We paid £160 each with Easyjet from Bristol to Bodrum. This is for August for a month and includes luggage. Just paid £190 including luggage and meals with Thomas Cook for a week end of April, Bristol to Dalaman. The Easy jet flights were booked a couple of weeks ago but they have risen in price now.
Just booked up yesterday - flying out with Jet2 from East Midlands on Fri 3rd July and back with Thomas Cook on 13th July. Two adults and 2 children (16 & 12) - £667 total, including baggage, taxes, credit card charges etc. Was a bit nervous booking return flights with seperate companies as have always booked with the same airline but can't see how it can cause any problems.

Now looking for accommodation, there's so much to choose from and can't decide on Icmeler or Marmaris?!?!?

Eleanor
Manchester to Dalaman, 7 people at £191 each including luggage with Onur air on the 30th July for 17 days

Dave
We paid £330 for the two of us for June (outbound with Easyjet, returning with Thomas Cook), and £458 for four of us in September both outbound and return with Easyjet. Think the trick of cheap flights is knowing when they are released so you can get in early.
Did a random search the other day for flights on the days we go (booked a package). One came up ridiculously expensive, and it was not a direct flight, stopping at berlin and istanbul and taking over 18 hours. Included NO luggage or meals. Will try and find this flight again to get exact price.
4 people return flights Bristol to Dalaman at the end of August for £680 (so £170 each) including 20KG luggage and credit card charges. I was a bit annoyed because they had already been on sale for a couple of weeks when I found out about them, even though there was no sign of them on the Easyjet website at the start of December.

Still, I priced up the same return flights again on Friday and they had already gone up by £60 each in just over a week since we booked!
Our flights haven't been the cheapest this year, one around £230 in June and the other £250 in school summer hols - Gatwick to Dalaman, but this time we were keen to get day flights on Fridays which we haven't had for years. So we're happy with that.
Hi Alfie.

Yes, one thing I should say in favour of our Easyjet flights is that the times look rather good:

Depart Bristol at 08:00 and arrive Dalaman at 14:05
Depart Dalaman at 14:45 and arrive Bristol at 17:10

If I had booked flights or a package with Thomas Cook they were horrendous - something like arriving Dalaman at 3am and Departing there at 4am at the end of the holiday, which I've done before and hated.

Assuming the Easyjet flights are anything like being on time they would be worth another £50 to me anyway!

Cheers.
have booked 2flights to dalaman aug30 return 9 sep 2010 with easyjet from manchester 2bags+speedy boarding,dep;14;30 arr20;55 ,dep21;15 arr back in man 23;45 price £390.91 booked 5 dec. first time diy hope ive done everything right.
Sounds good David. Have you booked your accommodation yet?
Hi we paid £900 for 6 flights tickets to Dalaman going in June :rofl for 2 weeks price now have gone up to £1900 same flights :tongue
Just in case it's of interest to anyone still looking for flights:

Summer flights boost to Turkey

Pegasus Airlines is raising summer capacity from the UK to the Turkish holiday destinations of Antalya, Bodrum and Dalaman.

Pegasus has releasing 4,999 seats priced at £49.99 one-way, including taxes and charges on the routes from Gatwick, Stansted, Manchester and Birmingham.

There will be direct flights between May and October to Dalaman on Mondays and Fridays from Gatwick and Manchester and every Sundays from Gatwick.

There will also be direct flights to Antalya on Sundays from Birmingham and Manchester as well as a weekly Sunday flight to Bodrum from Stansted.

With permission from Travelmole
booked 10 days in the bonjour boutique £414 thats with a £90 transfer never done a diy holiday before,had my flights confirmed with easyjet what do i do now,just turn up on the day.
296 for the two of us easy jet stanstead to dalaman june
Hi davidn.

If you mean what do you do with Easyjet, print out a copy of the booking confirmation to take with you to the airport with your passport. Also (very important) make sure you have completed the required information (passport details) for your booking on the Easyjet website. I believe they want this done at least 7 days before you are due to fly.

Blimey - just looked at my flights again and they've already gone up from £680 to £1020 in less than 2 weeks.

Cheers.
davidn wrote:
with easyjet what do i do now,just turn up on the day.

You might find our Easyjet Topic over on the Flights Forum useful. You have an e-ticket. As Random Number mentions, just print it out or make a note of your booking reference number and take it to check-in. Everything else is as normal.

Darren
thanks for all your replies everybody and have a good holiday i cant wait to go.
booked up today

31 july for 2 weeks from Birmingham to Dalaman with Monarch for 3 of us - £771 including baggage and meals, was cheapest I found anywhere!

Times really good too - 14:10-20:20 and back 21:20-23:45!!

I happy with that!
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.