Spain - Costa Blanca Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in the Costa Blanca.
Pat, Noticed that Gemelos 20 and 23 also have a/c if you want it and are more central.Both sleep 6 people. See HERE.
Karen
Hiya Karen,i have rang round everywhere for these but to no avail,still waiting for a couple of emails though so have'nt given up yet.I have been looking at a 3 bed at the villa marina but it says they are on the mountain side and i dont really want to be climbing any steep hills,i have emailed espis.net who are renting them,to ask how far up the hill they are.
I thought booking an apartment in September would be a doddle seems i was wrong.
Regards
Pat
Oh by the way the apartments i mentioned before are called the Meditarraneo 43 apts not sure where they are and if they have a decent size pool,will check on them later.
Pat
Pat, Here is another agent in Benidorm with lots of apartments. Many people on forum use them. When you ring ask for Angela she is Scottish and very helpful. http://www.costablanca-holidays.com/home.htm Karen
Thanks,i notice they have the Albasit apts,i was offered these the other day but not sure where they are and if they have a large size pool.I know i keep harping on about the pool size but we dont really like the beach and my kids are keen swimmers and spend all day there.
Regards
Pat
Pat I have sent you a PM. My family like yours prefer swimming pools to the beach, that why I picked Gemelos 22. The pools are great. Most of the other apartments are owned by spanish people and the pool was never full when we were there in August. There is also a covered outdoor pool which was also open although a lot of websites say it is for use in winter. My kids used it a lot to get out of the sun and heat. Karen
Thanks for the email.I am waiting for a call from beidorm direct to see if i can get a 1 bed and a 2 bed so hopefully fingers crossed i can get it booked today.Its been such a nightmare trying to get 2 apts,especially a 2 bed,seems like every one is booking for September.I have just had a look at the coblanca 3 apts and aquarium apts both look very nice,and the prices aren't too bad either,we have budgeted for around £1000 for the apt and i got my flights for £105 pp which aint bad.Just can't wait to get there!
Regards
Pat
I have just had an email from Beninter with a quote for Gemelos 22 at £908,and i have just hada a quote for the same apts with Benidorm Direct for £659,thats £249 cheaper,i wonder why the big difference?
Pat
Hope you get sorted. Thats way too much money, We got our apartment, 2 weeks in height of summer for £750. I find the spanish companies cheaper. Don't be afraid to use them as lots of people here do. Karen
Was that for the gemelos 22?who did you book with?
Pat
Hi Pat sorry about the delay answering. Gemelos 2 and 4 are both suitable for kids, there are usually a few Spanish kids there as well so they can practice their language skills! Both apartment blocks have really nice pools if your kids can swim, you might think they are a bit deep if they are non-swimmers. They also have tennis courts. Gemelos 2 has the nicest pools but for some odd reason has no sunbeds! It does have a big shallow pool that you can float around in on a lilo sunbathing. I don't know which of the two blocks I prefer to be honest. I've spoken to people who have stayed in the newer block nearby (Gemelos 20) and they said it wasn't worth paying the extra money, which was probably why they were back at G2! There is no air conditioning but we've never found it a problem in late August/September.
The price difference in your quotes for G22 could be down to a few obvious things, maybe one quote is in euros and the other in pounds, or one is for a one bed and the other for a two bed. The other thing that occurs to me is that G22 isn't actually on the Beninter site but G23 is, maybe they aren't quoting for the same place!! The quote does sound very dear for September.
I know Beninter are slightly dearer than Gestaltur, another popular local agency, don't know about Beni Direct. I use them because they take credit card bookings and do mid week turnarounds. I also like to have a local office where I can go to sort out any problems, like getting extra keys.
Just had a quick look at the Gestaltur site and from 26 Aug to 17 Sep they charge 57 euros a night for G2/G4. That's only £555 for two weeks IF (and obviously it's a big IF) you can fly on a Saturday. That's a hell of a lot less than I'll be paying a few days earlier but I save more than the difference on the flights. You have to be a mathematician to do this DIY game!
Yes you are right,beninter quoted for gemelos 23 but dont know if they are worth the extra as i haven't seen these before.I have just rang a lady called angela at benidorm apartments and she has the rinconada real houses available for £720 for the 2 weeks so i think i'll check these out before i make a decision
Pat
Pat, I've never been to Gemelos 23 either. I must have passed it as it's close to where we stay, towards the beach, but I haven't noticed it. G22 is up towards the Rincon de Loix end. I think there is a G24 as well now, but that is miles away up at Cala Finestrat, which I don't regard as Benidorm :)
As far as I can make out the higher the number, the newer the buildings. Gemelos is simply the Spanish word for twins, so each Gemelos consists of two tower blocks with a shared garden/pool area.
New is not always best, some of the newer pool areas look like concrete prison yards!
As soon as I submitted that I remembered where I've seen G23! It's on Calle Gerona just past the Wooky Hollow. I definitely wouldn't want to stay that close to such a noisy street. It would need air conditioning because you certainly wouldn't be able to open the windows at night :)
Many thanks for all your replies,i have decided to book the gemelos 22 at £659 for 2 weeks flights cost me £105 pp,so for the four of us thats a total of £974.I'm well chuffed with that and dont think i'll find anything better so im off to book it with benidorm direct before i lose out again.

Regards
Pat
Hi Pat, We have booked with Benidorm Direct for September too. We also booked transfers with them £19 pp return. The apartments we booked are more expensive withh other sites too. Ey your hols.

Alexa :D
Only if you haven't bought someone a plane ticket :D
Hi Alexa
Benidorm Direct have just quoted me £28 pp for transfers,but i can get them from Shuttledirect for £20pp.
Pat
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.