Spain - Canary Islands - Tenerife Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Tenerife.
It is the evening of the 5th when the parade of 'The Three Kings' takes place in preperation for Childrens Day which is the 6th and the Spanish/Canarian children open their Christmas presents. I don't know where you are staying but if you can get to Los Cristianos Church square there is always a parade of the three kings on camels and they throw sweets to the kids. After this there is always a great party in the square until the early hours.
Thanks very much. I seem to remember we flew out on the 5th last year and missed it. WE are gong on 4th this time, so we will try and go along. Do you know what time is happens. We stay in Fanabe, but often go to Los C for dinner, so we will make sure we do it that night
Does anyone know what time the Parade of The Three Kings starts in LC Square on the 5th January? :)
MyraLock
As far as the Los Reyes parade is concerned, you need to be somewhere along the little road leading down to the harbour at around 5-5.30 on the 5th January. The Kings come to Tenerife from La Gomera on the ferry, complete with camels and entourage! They parade up the hill to the fountain roundabout, and then turn right up Avenida Suecia towards Church Square.

Avenida Suecia is the top road behind the church; it's one way to traffic from the Church to the Harbour end, but the road is closed during the procession and the Kings parade the opposite way up to the Church.

Hope this helps.
PeterRayner Many thanks for the very useful information on The Three Kings Parade - it sounds like an event worth seeing. :)
MyraLock
Hi All
The Los Reyes Parade (The Parade of the Three Kings) was well worth experiencing on the evening of the 5th January; it actually reached the Church Square at about 8pm. The Kings, their camels and the entourage were a sight worth seeing. It was noisy, colourful and offered a real opportunity to see the lead up to the Spanish way of giving and receiving their presents. The Parade came by the Church Square but finished up at the Cultural Centre I believe and if you weren't there really early it would probably have been impossible to see anything much. I have been told that all villages have a parade of some sort on the 5th and if you have never seen one of these I think it would be quite an event in the holiday experience of Tenerife.
MyraLock
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.