General Holiday Enquiries, Hints and Tips

General Holiday Enquiries? Got General Hints & Tips? Post Them Here.
hi hope this might be helpful to you
ibiza only 2.5 hrs maximum flight time from uk
hotel miami in es cana approx 40 mins from airport
great hotel, all inc,right on the beach,check out reviews on this site,
anamation team did organised activities for toddlers to ie making models with lego, paddling pool games etc
plenty of shops, bars, restaurants etc in immediate area, 15 mins from the centre of es cana where they hold a weekly hippy market
we loved this hotel and would highly reccomend it.
i looked up some prices for you booking independantly through
http://www.a1travel.com
1 week all inc miami hotel £632
1 week flight from east mids airport 13.40 out 12.40 return £537 total £1,169
2 weeks £ 1058
flight birmingham 07.10 out 13.10 return £ 492 total £ 1,550
so only £381 more for the 2nd week. you will need your own transfer approx £30 each way taxis right outside ibiza airport we did all this last year no probs at all. hope this has helped some have a great holiday
We took our 5 year old and 2 year old boys to the Holiday Village Viva in Can Picafort, Majorca in August. It's with First Choice/Eclipse.

It was great. Good choice of food for the kids. 55 minute transfer from the airport. 10 minute walk into the town.

Entertainment was okay (our 2 yr old loved the mini disco) and they have a creche for kids aged 1-3yrs. I wasn't going to put him in a club but after 4 days of barely sitting on my sunbed (never mind lying on it) we decided that for 1 1/2 hours a day he could go. It's in a purpose built room with air-c, 4 kids to 2 staff, really nice girls. It was bliss. It cost 10 euros per session but was cheaper if you booked in a block.

There is a BIG thread on the Majorca forum about Holiday Viva Village.

Hope you find something.
Thanks for suggestions so far.
Will look into both, eclipse however I have noticed are by no means cheap!
Eclipse are cheaper than First Choice - but yes we paid £2800 for the 4 of us AI in Aug for 2 weeks. We paid extra for good flights and we wanted to stay in a 4* hotel with kids clubs.

This was the first time we have done AI so we were a bit wary. Now we've done it we would ceratinly know what to look for and hopefully next time we won't pay quite so much.

Saying that it was £2000 for s/c and £2800 for AI - daft not to go AI.
Went to the Isla Bonita in Tenerife - 4 hours flying time. It is in the Fanabe district of Playa de Las Americas. When we were there all the AI facilities were excellent and the food tremendous. You could walk to the beach through the "village" and a taxi ride took you to the center of Playa de las Americas if you wanted something more lively. Would definately recommend but not too sure now which Tour operator sells the accomodation.
Last year paid £335 to go A/I to Lanzarote staying in 4* Las Marinas Club Resort which was very good, baby was under 2 then so only paid a small fee for him (approx £30).
Now he is over 2 it is somewhat more expensive even though he does not consume much food or alcohol (joke)to justify paying what you would for say a 12 year old.
Eclipse have quoted me over £1200 for a week for 3 of us in late Sept which doesn't seem too bad really.
I think in general though A/I holidys have increased in price over the last year or so.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.