Turkey Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Turkey.
Have a look at Side, lovely AI hotels, with shops bars and restaurants nearby, and you can walk into Side Town. No wristbands either.

Good hotels include Paloma perrisia, Royal Dragon, Hemera, Melas, Sunrise Queen.
If you didnt want AI, The Arum has just been refurbished.
Transfers no more than 90 mins and hotels are on beach. Look at Thomas Cook, Cosmos and Direct for best prices.
aasgmhill,

You might want to check out member reviews for hotels in the area on our Hotel Review section.

Darren
I can't speak too highly about the Marti Resort in Icmeller. The hotel and staff are fantastic, can't do enough for you. The resort of Icmeller is also really good, very picturesque and has plenty of bars restaurants and shops for you to look around. Plus Marmaris is only a short bbus or taxi ride away.
Checked on the Thomas Cook website and you can book this hotel for just under £1k each.
http://www.holidaytruths.co.uk/holiday_truths/hotel_reviews/281/Marti%20Resort%20Hotel/
Check these reviews for a few more opinions.
The Arum in Side has already been mentioned - this is where we have stayed twice (and will be back in july). It is absolutely amazing, cannot reccomend highly enough. We have never returned to a hotel, let alone three years in a row.
If you dont want hassle I would go to Icmeler.I went last October and there was no hassle as the shops,bars and restaurants are closed down for 3 days if they are caught hassling.
The Marti hotel is lovely along with the nearby Aqua hotel.
Both are on the beach in the centre of the resort.
The Aqua offer HB basis and although you have asked for AI recommendations,Icmeler is a resort where the restaurants are fabulous and very reasonably priced.
We used to go to Side but it is more pricey than the resorts served by Dalaman airport due to it being popular with other Europeans.
I found the hassle there annoying.
Ive stayed in the Concorde at Lara Beach and i would say there however not much going on outside the hotel :( the hotel is pure luxury :) ive also stayed in the Alba Queen and that hotel was fantastic and shops are not far at all i would go back to either hotel.
Thanks all for the responses.

It has given me an initial "food for thought"

My local airport (Edinburgh) only seems to do Bodrum or Dalaman and not Antalya for some reason so I may not have the option of Side etc.

I'll keep looking.

Cheers
Alan
The Grand Pasa Hotel in Marmaris is lovely its A/I food is very nice indeed x
Travel down to Newcastle, loads of hotels in airport now, if needed. Its my local airport. Thomas Cook and Thomson Fly to Antalya on Tuesdays and Sundays.
We are going on honeymoon next September to The Cornelia Deluxe in Antalya, flying from Glasgow, looks and sounds fabulous.
Not a great selection of flights from Edinburgh
Joy the Cornelia Deluxe is in Belek and is superb, we went last Easter.
Make sure you let the hotel know it is your honeymoon, you may get an upgrade!!
Violet, we have booked a junior swim up suite, Im almost sure when we booked the travel agent put it through as it being our honeymoon but we will give them a gentle reminder :tup
Joy, Oh well in that case you cannot get an upgrade!! but you may get extras should you let them know, like an extra Al a carte meal etc
I have a very good contact for the hotel, who gets back to you so I will look it out and send it to you via a pm!
My sister-in-law and her husband went to Icmeler last year and stayed at the Letoile hotel. Here is a review http://www.holidaytruths.co.uk/reviews/turkey/dalaman-region/icmeler/l-etoile-beach-hotel/

They are seasoned travellers (both retired) and have vary rarely been back to the same hotel twice but this year they are returning to the Letoile as they had such a fantastic time. They are very picky at what they eat and drink and but they said they couldn't fault the food and always found something to eat. Icmeler is a great resort with very little hassel and as much or little to do as you desire. You wouldn't go far wrong with any of the better hotels in Icmeler.

By the way, we are also celebrating our 25th wedding aniversary in May next year but even though we love Icmeler (we have been 7 years now) we have decided to take a Med cruise (AI) for a change but will be going back to Icmeler in the summer.

Hope you found this helpful.

Di. :)
Thanks all.

My heart says return to Olu to the Sun City but my head says try a different location to experience more of Turkey.

Plenty of time to decide, I suppose.
I have initially looked at prices for the Marti in Ichmeler and it looks to about £1100 each for 2 weeks AI compared to the Sun City of £750 each.
Why is there such a price comparison for similar rated Hotels?
This was going for the same period in September next year, flying from Edinburgh.
I realise the Marti is classed as a 1st Class Holiday village and the Sun City a 4 star but surely this does not merit a £350 per person increase in cost?
To be honest I would pay the £1100 if I was sure that the food etc was going to be to our liking but I am reluctant to pay the extra knowing how much we enjoyed the Sun City last time.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.