Turkey Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Turkey.
Not having been to Sun City I can not compare the two hotels, however I can tell you that the Marti is well worth the cost you have been quoted. The Marti will give you everything you want and more. I really believe that the Marti is the best Hotel I've been to for the staff wanting to ensure you have the best time possible. The hotel is perfectly positioned, right on the beach and very close to Icmeller center with it's shops, bars and restraunts. As this is a special holiday I would suggest you go for it, you will trully love Icmeller and the Marti.
I thought I would post an update although to be honest it's not much of an update....

I still have not confirmed things for our Silver Anniversarry yet although have reviewed other alternatives and have reached a sort of "shortlist":

Currently top: Voyage Torba (One of the Deluxe Bungalow's coming this year). The only negative with this is the flight will have to be either Glasgow or Newcastle as no flights are being operated out of Edinburgh this year to Bodrum!! There is a Saturday flight from Newcastle so this would probably be the favourite.

Second: Belcekiz Beach in Olu Deniz. Positive is Dalaman flight is from Edinburgh at a good time. No real negatives but may be more expensive than our other current choices.

Third: Marti in Icmeler. Again the positive is that the flight is from Edinburgh. Negative is that a few of the last comments have been around a slightly "dated" state of rooms.

The main reason for the Voyage Torba is that I have heard a lot of good things about this resort and this is even before the refurbishments being released for 2010 have been done. The new releases look fantastic and hopefully will come in at a price that is comparible to our second and third choices.

I hope to confirm things soon and will re-post once we mull things over will we have the deposit money available!!
After all the delay in waiting for the Voyage Torba to confirm Deluxe Bungalow availability we seem to have missed out on all the flights available from Edinburgh.

I therefore booked an 11 night stay going to Olu on the 20th September from Glasgow.

Due to the delay I also had a limited supply of AI choices.

I tried for a superior/deluxe room at the Marti but this was not available via Direct Holidays so I ended up booking back into the Sun City again.

We went with Direct as they accept payment for the holiday 8 weeks before departure. Thomas Cook wanted it paid 14 weeks before!! We also get 20kg standard baggage and inflight meals in with the cost where Thomas Cook wanted extra for these too. It still ended jup around £200 less with Direct Holidays.

There were only 2 seats left on the flight back so I wanted to get it finalized before we missed out on that too.

So although it's not what our primary choices were we are back in familiar surroundings at Olu and the Sun City for our Silver Wedding.

At least the reviews have got better over the past few months for the Sun City since it changed hands.
Looking forward to it already!!
Aqua in Icmeler does AI and is a lovely hotel. We stayed there last August.
Thanks for the reply but I took the plunge and confirmed the booking last night to make sure I didn't lose the flights again!!.

As for Olu, has it changed much over the past 3 years and does Hisaronu and Fethiye still have markets? Which days are they on now?

I'm feeling good to be going back again and I hope it is a better experience than the Dorian last time in 2007 and the same experience we had at the Sun City in 2005. My god has it been as long at this!!!
The hotels in Belek are all five star a/i with private beaches .Although the shops are not right outside the hotels ,most of them is only a five minute cab ride .Been going there fpr years now and not had any sort of hassle in the shops ,markets or restaurants .I can reccommend both the Susesi and the Voyage ,The Ala cartes in these hotels are brilliant as well as the buffet.Never found any of these hotels to be rowdy .Plenty of excurrsion available in the town at a fraction of the price you will pay from Thomas Ciik .Thereare also great places to visit in the Antalye region

Peter
Everyone please note:

Thanks for all the replies but I have now booked our Holiday to Olu no 20th September for 11 nights. I took the plunge and confirmed the booking last night to make sure I didn't lose any flights again!!.

Is anyone able to help me with the following:
As for Olu, has it changed much over the past 3 years and does Hisaronu and Fethiye still have markets? Which days are they on now?

I'm feeling good to be going back again and I hope it is a better experience than the Dorian last time in 2007 and the same experience we had at the Sun City in 2005. My god has it been as long at this!!!
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.