Cyprus Discussion Forums

Discussions regarding holidays in Cyprus
Hi Auldiyan,

If you contact the Merit Cove hotel they will arrange for a driver to collect you from Larnaca.

Strawberry
gooligan,

Many thanks I have now contacted Steve.

Strawberry,

Thank you also.
We are travelling to Northern Cyprus in August and staying at the Sempati hotel.We are travelling via Larnaca.We have been to the north before but travelled to Ercan via Turkey.The hotel are sending a taxi for us but I was wondering what it is like passing through the border now.Has anyone crossed the border recently? Previous reports say that they go through your suitcases on the return journey.Are you allowed to take any cigarettes at all through the customs? Also has anyone stayed at the Sempati hotel recently as the most recent report was almost a year ago.
dont bring booz and fags back from the north buy them at larnaca re pack your case and keep the recipts then you should not have any problems as you have purchased them in an eu [recognised ]country
This year we decided to treat ourselves and hire a convertible astra for our stay in Kyrenia as we're only having a car for half of our time there. The hotel has just emailed us back and told us that the company now no longer have the convertible. I have looked through the North Cyprus tourist board site for other companies and tried a few like Pacific and Arizona and Gun Ray but none of them seem to have a convertible can anyone suggest a company that might?

Thanking you in advance....
Turkish Side of Cyprus is more cheap and beauteful Greek side.
Just a point of interest?

Has anyone ever challenged the Cyprus Government about what you are allowed to bring in from the North?

As an EU citizen returning to the EU I would have thought that 'normal' allowances would apply?
as the north is part of the eu it may seem so but as they are in suspension then they are temporarly considderd as non eu and therefore southern cyprus has the rights to specify what can and cant be crossed boarderd

wiz
Hi Wizard,

Northern Cyprus isn't part of the EU.

Strawberry
i wont argue the point again we did that last year..but the whole of Cyprus was admitted to the EU not just the south, the acquires are suspended pending a resolution of the current differences which look like, with luck could be the end of this year beginning of next..
As I understand it, Wizard, although Cyrpus entered the EU it joned as a divided island with the north enjoying none of the benefits. Whether or not that will change remains to be seen.....................

Strawberry
Hi all
Can anyone tell me what currency is best to take to Northern Cyprus, we are shortly going to Kyrenia.
Even our travel agents are confused, suggesting we take Euro's and New turkish lira.
Hi Kieth,

You need Turkish Lira.

Strawberry
Looking at booking a two week holiday staying at the LA Hotel, Lapta for June 2009 through Cyprus Premier (whose web site seems to have been down for a couple of days now!) but would appreciate any reviews/info either on the hotel or Cypruspemier. Those read on other hotel review sites seem favourable, but no harm in second/third opinions!

Cheers,
Jet
has anybody recently been to this hotel. went there many years ago and am thinking of going again next year.

many thanks in advance
We went there in 2000 and loved it. Very convenient for the Harbour and wonderful views from the roof terrace bar/restaurant which they had just completed. It was originally called the El Greco but the name was changed after their little local difficulty in July 1974. Girne is a wonderful place. We are thinking of returning as well so let us know how you get on. The Fisherman's Inn restaurant is still one of my favourites. Many happy memories.
Hi,
Newbie to this forum.
I would like to go to Northern Cyprus after going to Turkey for the last seven years but I am unsure as to which resort to stay in. Kyrenia or Famagusta. Can anyone advise I realise it's a matter of personal choice but we are looking for a nice beach but that is not very important, Some nice bars and restaurants would be nice. Also is it worth hiring a car or is the transport system the same as Turkey, dolmus everywhere. Iknow prices will shoot up this year but an indication of drinks and meal prices would be helpful.
Thanks in Advance Margaret
I have just booked a two week holiday in n. Cyprus. We wanted to do a two centre holiday as we have done this before and really enjoyed it. I emailed Cyprus paradise and got a really good deal. First week at the salamis bay hotel Second week at the ship hotel in kyrenia. We have opted for b/b in both hotels.The price included transfer from ercan to the salamis bay, transfer to the ship and in reverse at the end of our stay. We are flying midday from stansted with Pegasus airlines.Roll on September :sun2 :sun2 :sun2
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.