General Holiday Enquiries, Hints and Tips

General Holiday Enquiries? Got General Hints & Tips? Post Them Here.
There are loads of 5* AI hotels in the Caribbean. Is that too far?
Hi loubylou4 :D
I'm worried that Tenerife is a bit run down
Some parts of Tenerife are very nice. There's some lovely hotels in Costa Adeje, and last year we had a nice week in the 'corner' bit of Playa de las Americas, the bit before it becomes Los Cristianos (the Parque Santiago/Mare Nostrum area) Although there aren't many All-Inclusives in that part of Tenerife... you may find some nice hotels in Playa Paraiso or Playa de la Arena/Puerto de Santiago.
Any of the Canary Islands will be pleasantly warm (and possibly hot) at that time of year. Playa Blanca in Lanzarote is very nice with some good All-Inclusive hotels, and there are some good AIs in Fuerteventura and also in Gran Canaria 8)
Hi Loubylou, Lanzarote? Playa Blanca is lovely, lots of good quality hotels too. Love Linda x
I agree with cyberspace.. the canaries are lovely. I would say that Gran Can will be the hottest, especially around the Mogan area. Lanzarote is well chilled out, i would recommend Playa Blanca also. There are some lovely parts of Tenerife, you don't have to stay in PDLA/LC... Los Gigantes is nice.
I agree with all of the above - it has to be the canaries!

I know its been mentioned a couple of times already but playa blanca,lanzarote is a lovely resort. We stayed at the rubicon palace (4* all inc.) and can highly recommend it!! when we went my girls were 4 and 1 and the staff were so good with them making time to say hello to them and whenever we went into the restaurant a waiter would hurry over with a highchair for us before we had even sat down and started to look for one! great food, great staff, lovely hotel. Only downside to the RP is that it is on the seafront but not near a beach however there is a courtesy bus to the town beach several times a day.

This year we went to the Elba sara in furteventura - again another nice 4* all inc and this one has the bonus that there is a nice beach in front of the hotel - it is a man made beach but it has stone breakwaters all along it so when the tide is out it makes nice lagoons for paddling in with no waves to knock little ones off their feet (and fish swimming around your feet!)

fatcodycat 8)
Brilliant advice - thanks so much for that. I quite fancy the idea of Gran Canaria!

I think the Caribbean is too far though for a 1 yr old baby to fly (harder on fellow passengers than us!)

You'd never guess I was a travel agent for 4 years would you! Since I had baby my brain is mush :oops:
Just for info, we took our grandson (10 months old) to the Conrad in Sharm last December. We stayed on the hotel complex including Beach the whole time and had no problems. We took a Kettle and travel steriliser and made his bottles up every day.
hi loubylou just wanted to congratulate on your wonderful name this is what we call our 2yr old !!!
We have the same quandry would prefer to go away in Jan/Feb but due to flight times and weather its not ideal. We have a 2yr old and a baby!
I have stayed at RIU ADEJE and it is a lovely clean area!
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.