Bulgaria Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Bulgaria
Hi antonrf,

Me and three other girls are off to Sunny beach on the 11th August for a week! We are staying at Palm beach apartments and are dead excited too. Am a little worried about how the weathers going to turn out though, been told it rains alot. :(
Hi Jayne,

been told it rains alot.

The weather in August is normally hot to very hot - you may get the odd short, sharp thunderstorm (often overnight) but otherwise no significant rain usually, unless you are really unlucky.

Baldur
Hi Jayme,

We had a look at Palm beach hotel, but we ended up geting an all inclusive hotel right in the centre too, and it worked out only about £70 more! Im sure that doesnt say much about the food we are likely to get, but never mind eh! Where are you from anyway?
Its pretty near turkey i think so surely the weather has got to be good enough to get a bit of a tan!! A rando rain shower one night could be a laugh too, so either way il be happy!
hi ya Baldur!
Thanks for the information ;)

Antonrf, we are all from Whittlesey which is near Peterborough, u heard of either? :que
Where are you from?
How old are you all?
We was going to stay in that hotel i think, but changed our minds because we were told the food wasn't the best and it isn't expensive to eat out there.
Well looking forward to it now though! :cheers x
We're from Huntingdon (near Peterborough) going on the 23rd June though! :duh :offtop
I have most definately heard of Peterborough yeah, however i think Whittlesey is surely a made up place! :P We are from London, and are all 22/23. How old are you girls?
Yeah i heard its dirt cheap to eat out, so if our food is poo then im sure we will just head out in to town to get something. I think were just happy that we have Bulgarian alcohol on tap for the entire holiday, so we can get nicely tanked up before we hit the town and the dancefloor :D
It will be a great holiday, to be fair any holiday you go on with your mates is going to be a laugh! Think were planning to go away in April too on a last minute deal, so will hopefully have two nice holidays to look forward to!

You know much info about sunny beach?? Any help would be great, as i am not too sure what to expect! xx
Been there for the last 3 years and has only rained a few times in August mainly in the evening with fantastic thunderstorms that are great to watch. You would be very very unlucky to get a bad week of weather this time of year.
Whittlesey is 7 miles from Peterborough...honestly i'm not making it up :D
I'm 23, 2 are 22 and the baby of the group is 19! Actually one of the girls is from Hemel (not sure if thats spelt right). We are starting to think we should of booked the all inclusive now but still should be fun!
Wish i could afford another holiday...this one's skinting me enough :cry
Mmmmm nice tan for you though! :sun2
Never been there before and i don't personally know anyone who has so we could do with some advice too....hoping the weather does hold out :que
xx
Hi Jayme23 & antonrf,

"You know much info about sunny beach?? Any help would be great, as i am not too sure what to expect!" AND "Never been there before and i don't personally know anyone who has so we could do with some advice too..."

You'll find lots of info in the 'sticky' threads at the top of the forum. If you want to know anything not covered there, just ask - someone will amost certainly be able to help.

We are starting to think we should of booked the all inclusive now

Most regulars would advise you against 'All Inclusive' - it's so cheap to eat out, with a wide variety of very good restaurants & cuisines, that being stuck with the 'so-so' food provided by many Bulgarian hotels is often best avoided. The availability and variety of 'All Inclusive' drinks can also be fairly limited in at least some hotels.

Baldur
Baldur, thanks for the information i will check it out :tup
Hi Jayme.

As Baldur says better to stay away from all inclusive ,the food may not always be to your liking and as for the drinks only local spirits and beer are a/i any international drinks are chargeable, and anyway it is cheap enough to eat and drink elsewhere. :sun2 :tup
I am loving the good reports, keep them coming :wave: xx
Now its me who is starting to worry that we should have booked self catering :(

I think i will just have to start drinking bulgarian beer now so i can prepare myself for it seeing as it will be the only beer included in the all inclusive. Is bulgaria beer pretty tasty? Nice cold glasses of coke etc during the day will go down a storm too though so am looking forward to that part of the A/I!

Im sure you will be taking good care of "the littlun"! I know Hemel, its near where i used to go uni. How do you all know eachother then? Hemel is quite a journey from peterborough isnt it??

Hopefully the tan will come along nicely, although we all know it will disappear as soon as i walk through the stansted terminal on the way back! :cry xx
Hi antonrf,

I think i will just have to start drinking bulgarian beer now so i can prepare myself for it seeing as it will be the only beer included in the all inclusive. Is bulgaria beer pretty tasty?

As with most things in today's global economy, the majority of Bulgarian beers are produced by multi-national conglomerates.

Of the more widely available brews in the resorts, Kamenitza, Astika & Burgasko are produced by the giant InBev group (Hoegarden/Beck's/Stella Artois, Leffe, etc.); Zagorka & Stolichno by Heineken (Heineken, Amstel, Murphy's, etc.) and Shumensko & Pirinsko by Carlsberg.

The only fully Bulgarian-owned brewer of significant market size is Bulbrew (MM, Ledenika, Istar, etc.).
Baldur,Thanks for your info regarding the beer!! My husband is an avid Becks consumer!! As we are all inc, that will be really handy to know the names of the local lager which as you say is produced by Becks etc. Although in saying that, he'd probably just go through them all until he got one he liked. After all he says thats all he's planning to do. Their is a bar right at the pool, so he's gonna sit their all day wi a beer in his hand!! :cheers Some how i think not :tup
Hi Kazz,

I suspect that you'll find that, although Becks, Tuborg, Budweiser & other familiar brands will be available in the resort, they will almost certainly be treated as 'premium' beers in your hotel (i.e. you will have to pay for them as they won't be included as "local beers" in the AI package).

Baldur
Hi Baldur, you miss read me, i was thanking you for the names of the locally produced lagers. As we are all inc he will just drink that, and going by what everyone says it's cheap to eat and drink there anyway. To be honest one of the main reasons we went all inc was the kids. They always want something, wether it's juice, ice creams etc. So we should get our moneys worth. Maybe we won't need as much money for things like that and spend it on something else. I'm sure we will still manage to spend it all. Kids love souvineers :think and they are also very good at spending money :D Kazz
Hi Kazz,

No I hadn't misread you, just clarifying that you will find 'Western' brands in resort, at a price... ;)

You might wish to tantalize your husband with visions of Kamenitza, Shumensko, Zagorka, Astika, etc., to help build up his anticipation of the holiday..... :cheers
Baldur
Hiya Baldur, Fantastic idea. Will have a look when i do my shopping this week as we are planning to have a few friends round at the weekend for a drink :cheers Karen
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.