Spain - Costa Dorada Discussion Forums

Discussions regarding holidays in the Costa Dorada.
Have a look at the Golden Avenida Suites. It might not be in the best location (i.e. on the beach) but it's a Thomson Superfamily place (or whatever Thomson have branded it this year). We've had 2 holidays at another Thomson Superfamily Hotel (in Pineda) and it was superb. It was also a Golden chain hotel and was hard to fault for families with young kids. You should get the Thomson entertainment team plus the hotel's own, and we thought they were both brilliant. If the one in Salou is like Pineda, it'll be Thomson's premier family hotel in the resort and their staff will be based there. Check out the reviews to see what others thought.

HB
Hi :wave:
We stayed in the avenida in 2003 and the hotel was lovely with the option of paying for half board for any night you choose if your self catering. We did it one night and the food was lovely :tup . Kids clubs were fantastic ( althought think your little one might be to young ) you will have to check it out on that one. The location is about a ten min stroll to the beach and you pass plenty of shops and bars along the way. I would recommend this hotel but i did stay there 5 yrs ago though but looking at the more recent reviews people are still raving about it. I have to say that the only fault we found was that the entertainment was terrible and that seems to be a must for you because of your little one but it might have changed since i went.
Goodluck
kerrie :wave:
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.