Malta and Gozo Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Malta and Gozo.
s/c
This is where I stay when self catering...> http://theclockplace.co.uk/
We have been there 4-5 times and never regretted it. The apartment is sited in Port Ruman, the road to your front left if standing with your back to the Santana Hotel. It is opposite the field with the path way (second from Santana) leading to Tourist Street. The owner, Josephine Vella is a wonderful lady. She visits the apartments ( which are very clean) daily and nothing is too much trouble.
Well recommended
We deffinitely think that private rental accomodation in Malta is the only way to go, we have been doing it on and off for years now but at this point think the liklehood of us using a hotel in the future is becoming very rare indeed, one of the problems in Malta hotels are the amount of unruly language students who have the potential to ruin one's holiday, for example last Friday we boarded a bus from Valletta to Sliema which was full of French students most of whom behaved like pigs throughout the entire journey, including jumping out of the bus windows once they got to there stop in Gzira, unfortunately none of them hurt themselves but better lucj next time, god help us all if our economy depends on the louts, the bar owners, restaurant owners and local residents don't want them as they spend next to nothing but cause plenty of grief, incidentally if you are one of the aforesaid student animals I would just like to say in my poor french which incidentally is 10 times better than the terrible english you lot are struggling to learn " Vous est couchons laid grande, allez-vous au francais au bientot" god bless private accomodation.

Sliema2
Hello Sliema2, that's was what put me and Mrs Holidaymaker of Malta last year, I remember putting some thing the same as you have just put. There are far to many of them its no wonder that the British are not going as much at they used to.

Dave
just to say thank you for the link to their website, now all booked for next year and looking forward to my 6th visit to your lovely island
Looks good I might try them although for me only in the low season, as I like Aircon and a pool.

I hope there's not going to loads of language students in bugibba, as it was not a problem there 2 years ago. (last time I was there) Unless I was just lucky and missed them, however there were loads and I mean loads behind the intercontinental where there was a small language school. It did'nt spoil my holiday but I can see the potential especially if they are in the same hotel!!!
  • Edited by Wolfie 2007-07-18 11:14:55
just a quick note to m&n and fallon to say thank you for their link to the clock place. just back after 2 weeks holiday and the apartment was far better than even the web site shows. will definately be back to stay in the clock place again when we come over next year. once again a very big thank you.
Please be our first reviewer of The Clock Place and add a review here please.

Thanks

Sarah
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.