Flight Only / Airline and Airports

Discussions relating to flight only, airlines and airports.
You would only have an e-ticket if you book a flight or holiday online and you are not getting the tickets from your holiday company. Some companies do it now, its called a ticketless flight etc and you just print off the info they send you, usually in an e-mail.
Looks like our answers passed each other. Karen
Thanks for the replies I am not use to all this technology :)
I'm sure there is a very helpful post on here somewhere on the full procedure from arriving at the airport to boarding the plane, aimed at first-timers. However I have searched the General Holiday Enquiries forum and can't find it.

Perhaps one of our helpful members will be able to track it down as I'm sure you would find it useful.

luci :wave
Many thanks David. I was searching in the wrong forum. :oops:

luci :wave
For anyone flying First Choice to Spain this summer, here's what they've told me about how they're dealing with Advance Passenger Information:

"First Choice does not currently have the facility to enter this data
online, as such the information will need to be captured at the airport.
However First Choice will be employing the use of special Passport
scanners, this means that there should be no significant delay in
checking in at the airport."

Fingers crossed!

HB
Thanks David and Luci I had a look at the link, and thought it was very good. It answered alot of questions for me. I wont be as nervous in the airport now.
I went into my local Thomson shop today to collect our tickets for our holiday on 15th June and asked the staff there about the new API and they told me it was rubbish and thomson havent told them anything about it.
It reports in the official travel gazette (accordingt to the staff)
that the reports in the Daily Mail were not true.
Should I go back to them about it?
Hi mackem ... that depends on what exactly they are referring to as 'rubbish'

If it is media speculation that there will be holiday chaos following the introduction of API, then I too would hope such claims will prove unfounded.

But if they are dismissing the fact that API is being introduced on 13 June as 'rubbish', then I would perhaps consider using a different shop in future, as staff at that one do not appear to be as clued up on important issues as they should be.

You will be able to supply the necessary API details at check-in, if your agent or tour operator is ill-informed or ill-equipped to collect the information in advance. But if the travel trade is still not fully informed on the introduction of API, then perhaps speculation in articles such as that in the Daily Mail will prove to be correct.

David :wave
Am I missing something what did they mean is rubbish and what was the report in the Daily Mail?
The new API for Spain is official and will have to be submitted for all passengers travelling to Spain after June 13th.
Sorry David

I didn't need ask the questions, you pipped me to the post.
when and where do u fill in these details???
morrison ... you supply them to your airline or tour operator in advance, or you supply them to check in staff on the day of travel.

Hi David, they meant that the API was rubbish as they had a report in the travel agent gazette.
Personally I think they havent interpreted it correctly and come to the conclusion that this law doesnt exist.
I think I should ring Thomson as they are my tour op.
what you reckon?
ABTA have been aware of the introduction of API since it was first announced by Spain in February, and so I see no reason for travel agents still not being fully informed. There was some speculation of a postponement, but it seems to have been no more than that, and there is nothing at the moment to suggest that API is not going ahead as planned.

You could ring Thomson and see what they say, perhaps they may be able to take the relevant details from you over the phone. Alternatively, you could wait until the day of travel if they are still not able to collect the info in advance.

Is this API to be given every time one flies to Spain, or is it a one off thing? I am sure TO's could design a small form that people could fill in while they are queueing at checkin!! BA have had API for all my family for the past two years via their website, but mainly for USA trips.

I just returned to Spain via Dublin. On my departure from Madrid my passport was passed through a scanner, then on my return from Dublin I had to put my passport into the FastPass machine to be read, which I have not had to do before.
Hi Sue .. airlines have to supply the information to Spain for passengers on each flight. Some airlines may have technology to store the information from regular travellers, so that it doesn't need to be requested from them each time.

Form filling in the check in queue may be a possibility, but given the fact that there are massive fines imposed on airlines if any of the info is wrong, they may prefer to collect it at the desk if they cannot collect it before the day of travel.

Hi Sue.
I am sure TO's could design a small form that people could fill in while they are queueing at checkin

When you think about it, anyone booking through a British TO they have already given them the majority of the information during the booking procedure.
Full name, marital status, age/DOB, home address, telephone number and e-mail address, so apart from telling them your inside leg measurements and the number of your passport, what more do they want.?
I believe it is to be given every time you book a seat to fly into Spain and I can't see the point of it in one respect coming from the UK because you could go to France and cross the border into Spain without all this.

Hope you're keeping well
Sanjiiiiiiiiiiii
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.