General Holiday Enquiries, Hints and Tips

General Holiday Enquiries? Got General Hints & Tips? Post Them Here.
We have just booked to go to Turkey in June with TC and have been told I have to provide this info. Have not tried yet as I am waiting for a new passport coming back.
Adding API for flights to Turkey with TC seems to pose no problems. I am still awaiting my call back from TC (due yesterday) to tell me what's wrong with their system as it won't allow API to be added for flights to Mexico :(
Hya guys, just an update, had an e-mail off thomas cook to say my API can now be added, just gone to the website anf filled it in, no problems, phew !!
So cazz and Denny or anyone else going to mexico with TC, you should be able to do this now.
good luck !! :tup
Glad you're sorted at last Juby! I managed to add mine a couple of weeks ago and did the online check-in yesterday for our flight next Sunday. The system seems to be working at last!
Thanks Juby I bet thats a relief!!!
Can't do mine until June as I'm not going until September.

Denny
I am going to Jamaica next month with Thomson/first choice and have still not been asked to provide anything at all.
I believe Thomson/First Choice take the API info from your passport at check-in.
I am going away with Thomson in 2 weeks and have filled the API form in on line.
Nice one cazz ! I couldn't even do mine yesterday, system still wouldn't let me, so it was a massive relief to be able to do it today :tup
Have a fantastic holiday, let us all know how it went !
cheers,
juby
I believe Thomson/First Choice take the API info from your passport at check-in.

Thomson have always done this in the past, but I've been asked by FC to forward API for my holiday to Spain next month.
This is rather bizarre because I will be on a Thomsonfly plane, using the same airport and probably the exact same check-in terminal as I've used previously, where they have been quite happy to swipe my passport in the past.
We booked a holiday to Turkey last week and was given all info about submitting API but the Thomas Cook website just comes up with an error and doesnt recognise my booking ref :(
My daughter, her hubby and son are flying to Majorca in May.......booked the holiday over the phone direct with Thomson last year and she was told nothing about API and still has not had any correspondance from them to submit the details.

Angie.
Angie,I havent had any correspondence regarding the API from Thomson or Thomas Cook.
I knew it was a requirement for holidays commencing after April 1st and after seeing all the posts on here I just filled the forms in on line.
There have been problems with the Thomas cook web page.The web address is http://www.thomascookapi.com.
I dont want to have any hold ups at the airport!
It has to be done at least 7days before departure and up to 3 months before departure.
Hi Jay Trip,

Well I shall tell her to do it online with Thomson as I know the link https://eapi.thomson.co.uk/eborders/login.jsp she wont want to be held up at check-in with a little one..............she has only just had her sons 1st passport back today, so I will be seeing her over the weekend so she can do it then.Thanks for the advice.

Angie.
I spoke to Thomas Cook yesterday as we go to Turkey on a late deal on 21st Mar. The website for the API would not recognise my booking reference. They said the facility was not available on line and they were reporting it to the IT department and to try again in a week!!!! :duh
I am however wondering if I need to do the API in advance as it looks as if Turkey needs this information for departures from 1 April onwards.
We travel to Turkey regularly and have been giving API to Thomas Cook for flights to Turkey for the past year or so, possibly it came a requirement last April, so it's definitely required. They will take it at check in if you can't do it online. The online system seems to currently have a number of flaws!
I phoned First choice today regarding whether they need API from me travelling next month to Jamaica and they told me they do not - they are only require this for Spain
Thomas Cook however need this information for ALL destinations. We were given a letter about it when we booked our holiday and the woman in the shop pointed out to us that API is needed for all destinations. Our son had already booked a holiday with TC to Majorca back in September and had a letter just yesterday telling him of this new policy.

Denny
Filled in the API form on-line yesterday for our holiday with First choice (thomson flight) to morocco on 5th Apr. We weren't told about this requirement and I only discovered it was required when reading the booklet that our tickets came in yesterday, However, It was all done succesfully.

We booked our Aug '10 Turkey holiday last year and again we haven't been asked for the API. We will be travelling with Direct holidays so I'm presuming I'll be able to give this info on the TC website. I'll try later to see what happens.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.