Holiday Complaints

Do you have a holiday complaint? For help and advice post in here.
Unfortunately whether it's acceptable is neither here or there, the big question is what does it say in your Tour Ops T&Cs ?? The majority class 12 hours or less as not a major change although the loss of meals may affect things. The other thing is will you really lose meals, if the original flight time was Saturday night and Friday night was your last in the hotel was there a cut off time for the AI food?
Steve is correct but possibly wrong. It all revolves around check in/check out times. Something discussed elsewhere on HT.

Hotels normally have a check in time of from 2.00pm and check out between 10.00 and 12.00. Have your times altered that much around these parameters that you in effect have 13 days instead of 14?

Remember even if you do not arrive until 6.00am if you are immediately given your room and it is only an hour before breakfast it is classed as the first night. Your room has been available from 2.00pm it is just you have not booked in.

Hope you follow that.

fwh
Hi all,
it is our fligh home that has been brought forward.
Here are the details:
Original departure time:
Sunday 11th Oct at 02:30

New departure time:
Saturday 10th Oct 10:25

That is an earlier time of 12 hours 55 minutes! Is that not a major change?

Our book out time for the room was 12:00 midday on the 10th and we miss out on a main meal.
Apart from the fact my partner cannot take a holiday at any other time there is another very good reason why we don't wnat to cancel. We would prefer to fly back a day or two later and are prepared to pay a bit extra to do so but if we can't then we'd like some reimbursement.
Out of interest, I went onto T.Cook flights today and found that they still have a flight at the time/date that we were due to be on before this 2nd change!
Here's the link that clearly shows the following:
11th Oct at 22.30 from Las Palmas

How can they move us onto an earlier flight if the one we were supposed to be on is still available?
I make that 16 hours 5 minutes earlier and in most T&Cs that is classed as a major change but as I said before you need to check yours carefully. They've given you more than 56 days notice and that's also a common point in T&Cs. They will probably say you can cancel and have a full refund but probably won't offer any compensation if you take the amendment. You need to get your paperwork out and read it, if you booked online and haven't got full documents it will be on the website.

What the Thomas Cook shop are advertising isn't really relevant - for a start it may not even be accurate!
Smurfitt I'm confused (it doesn't take a lot). Were you supposed to be flying at 02.30 on the 11th or 22.30? You said in one post 02.30 but then mentioned a flight still being advertised at 22.30.
Originally:
02:30 on 11th
then brought forward to:
22.10 on 10th
Now brought forward to
10:25 on 10th
Have you spoken to Thos Cook about this? If so what have they said.

This is taken from their website:

What happens if you change my holiday before travelling?

Changes Made By Us Before Travel

From time to time we may have to change details of the Holiday you have booked. If any change will have a significant effect on your Holiday, we will tell you about it before your Holiday, if there is time. Changes we will tell you about include:

"¢Change of your UK departure airport
"¢Significant change of your destination
"¢A change of more than 12 hours to the time you leave the UK or your destination
"¢If we downgrade your accommodation by one full 'Tour Operator' rating or
"¢If the swimming pool will not be available for an extended period during your Holiday and no alternative pool is available either at the property or nearby.

If you do not want to accept a significant change, which we will tell you about before your Holiday, we will, if we are able to do so, offer you an alternative Holiday of equivalent or closely similar standard and price at no extra cost, or a less expensive Holiday, in which case we will refund the difference in price. If you do not wish to take the alternative we offer you, you can choose another Holiday from us and pay, or receive a refund of, any price difference. Or, if you prefer, you can cancel your Holiday and receive a full refund of any money you have paid to us, except for any amendment charges. We will consider an appropriate refund of insurance premiums paid if you can show that you are unable to transfer or reuse your policy.

I would say your flight alteration is a significant change. Speak to Thos Cook if you haven't already done so.
if you were originally due to fly at 02.30 on 11th and are now due to fly at 10.25 on 10th thats a change of 14hrs 5mins.

As said before, anything over 12 hours is considered a major change, and so long as they have notified you at least 56 days before departure they are not obliged to give you compensation should you choose to accept an alternative holiday. However as per their terms and conditions they WILL refund your money if you choose to cancel the holiday and book with someone else for the dates/times you are able to go.

I think you should speak to TC asap.
Called T.C. operations who said I need to speak to T.C. dot com. I would if I could get them to answer the phone!
Not sure if this is totally revelant, but.......

a few years back, when on a package tour (that's important for a claim purpose) we arrived one day late in the arrival resort as a result of the carrier's aircraft techy problems.

Ros was most helpful in recovering one 14th of the ENTIRE package cost - if we'd been on a 7 night hol. she would have recovered one 7th of that cost.

OK, your operator is telling you up-front. Put it to then however that their change is loosing you one of your night's holiday and you should either be compensated accordingly or should have the option of a cancellation with full refund......and with some compensations as the blighters have had your money for long enough.

Did you pay by credit card? If so, check with the card issuer as to your rights before tackling the tour operator.

Mike
We have recently had a similar experience , but not with flight times changing actual facilities in hotel not being available , we dont go until end of October , was given the choice of a full refund or a change of holiday , we opted for same resort same flight time's different hotel , and the difference in price was also honoured , the difference was in fact £400. We are a package deal with Thomson, can you not go back to TA and see what they have available for the dates you need or want and rebook .
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.