Cyprus Discussion Forums

Discussions regarding holidays in Cyprus
OH no thats ridiculous. Was it the travel agent that informed him ?

If it was, he needs to go in and see them. He needs to be given more facts, and what are the 'unforseen circumstances' that affect the couple and not the guests. He really needs to be given more explanation. If it wasnt the travel agent then how did he receive this 'notification'.

Were all the bookings for the guests made at the same travel agents and if so, were they all cross referenced ? (Probably not with some being long weekends and 7 days duration).

As I say if it was the travel agents then he needs to go see them and see what they can do to help him.

If you wish to speak to Ros Fernihough then her PA's telephone number is 01922 705134

Please let us know what happens.

Kath x

Just as an afterthought, you dont think it will be a 'wind up' from one of his mates do you ? :yikes
They booked Easyjet flights and the accomodation direct with the hotel. Paid by bank transfer in full.

No, it's not a wind up. They've tried to get some sense on the phone and as of yet no reason has been forthcoming.

The Azia are only aware of the immediate wedding party of Bride, Groom, Bridesmaids etc., who were booked en bloc and who will also be shipped out. There are a further 16 or so who have booked their own accomodation direct with the Azia who have heard nothing. They have chosen to stop at the same accomodation for obvious logistical reasons and to help with the bridal preparations and enjoy some time together round the pool in the following days.

Some research has shown that in 2007 the Azia opened it's doors to 150 Canadian troops who were on R&R from Afghanistan which impacted on guests, some of whom were shipped out to other accomodation.

I will pass Ros's phone number on.

Many thanks...
Oh gosh you need to. Im not sure they will be covered the same with it being a DIY. Hopefully Ros will be able to advise.

As a matter of interest have they said what the other hotel is called ?

Kath x
No they haven't yet said what the hotel name is but if, as one assumes, it's in the same group it doesn't compare in any way, shape or form.
I just wondered how far away it would be.

Kath x
My nephew stayed at the Azia when he was married 4 years ago.He was married in Peyia and because the 78 guests were all staying in different hotels he organised a coach to pick all the guests up.
This may be an option for you if you all end up in different hotels in the area.
The reception was held in the Azia and it was beautiful.
We are staying at other accomodation as a family of four, with 2 adult priced (Teenage) children the Azia was too expensive. Other guests have also opted to find an alternative for similar reasons.

BUT, that's not the point :que

When we visit a new hotel, a new area it takes several days to get accustomed to the surroundings and start to relax properly. With this in mind my brother and his intended were to be residents at the Azia for 6 days prior to the wedding and several days afterwards.

Last year we stayed in the same hotel as some friends of ours from upt north! We didn't live in each others pockets but had the option of meeting for breakfast, having a late drink with the boys (while the girls went to bed), using the sports facilities together etc., This is what a holiday should be about, not going your seperate ways, especially if you have booked well in advance to ensure that you are all in the same accomodation. :cry

None of this will be possible if this move is imposed and I personally think it worthy of a full refund.
Fair comment. I understand completely.

Lets hope that Ros can help.

Kath x
Apparently they are moving all guests out to other hotels until 12th May due to another 'group' coming in!!?
Some research has shown that in 2007 the Azia opened it's doors to 150 Canadian troops who were on R&R from Afghanistan which impacted on guests, some of whom were shipped out to other accomodation.

It seems they've done it again :duh
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.