Holiday Complaints

Do you have a holiday complaint? For help and advice post in here.
Hi bexxp,
the critical element here might be the fact you're on a d.i.y. holiday.
Just to confirm that's the case, did you book just the apartment with j-p holidays and the flight and maybe car-hire elsewhere or have you booked both accommodation and EITHER a flight OR car-hire with j-p as well ?

If you booked two of the above three with j-p it could be that you've purchased a "package" (you'd need to double check that with a qualified solicitor such as Ros Fernihough on 01922 621114). If you've ONLY booked the villa part with j-p then there's probably little you can do other than demand your villa rental money back in full. I would guess a full refund would be legally required of j-p in this instance but your flights and car-hire, transfer etc etc would all then be lost and j-p would have no requirement in law to refund these elements.

To safeguard you investment in flights you might consider agreeing with j-p that you will accept the change on a day-by-day charge basis. This would allow you to fly out there, check alternate availability (if that can be done beforehand even better) and should you find something check out of the alternate accomm. and into the new place - j-p refunding you the balance within 7 days of your return to the u.k. at the latest.

j-p might not agree to this, if they do, get it in writing (fax and NOT an email as emails aren't considered a legal document - too easy to change). If j-p refuse to agree to this your only hope (other then cancelling) is to secure some refund if they also won't agree to a day-by-day charge basis.

Finally, check this withRos first, but I think you might have a case to arrange alternate accomm to your satisfaction and sue j-p for a refund of the monies paid to them so far and any extra costs (within reason) suffered by you changing to a suitable, alternate accommodation.

Their very, very late change will not help them in their defense against your claim.

Try to find out why the Villa Marachique is no longer available - and why it's unavailable for the ENTIRE duration of your stay - sounds like overbooking to me.

Let us know the outcome upon your return please, and I hope it works out for you.
Mike
Bexx i feel really sorry for you at this late stage i find it appalling they can do this at the last minute. I would listen to Mikes comments and take the action that he advises. Not really well up on legal travel but his comments seem appropiate. Cheers Jayjan
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.