Greece and other Greek Island Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Greece and other Greek Islands.
Lindos on Rhodes, Stalis on Crete, Tsilivi on Zante, Sidari on Corfu, all worth a look. Me and my girlfriend are pretty much after the same thing as you and have been to all of these places over the last few years. All have got plenty of bars to choose from so you can have as lively or as quiet a night as you want. They all have loads of quality restaurants and good beaches especially Lindos and Stalis. Kos Town may also been worth looking into.
Roda Corfu might tick the boxes -

Steve

edit by wizard
:wave: HI There's loads to see and do in western Crete, Chania, almirida, Kalyves area.
Or try Rethymno with its wonderful harbour and old town, which if you walk round the outer part of the fortress there are many cosmopolitan bars and night clubs, which really come to life later in the evening.
We stayed at Petradi beach hotel, a small friendly family run hotel, with pool and leads straight onto the beach, They will serve you from the beach bar direct to your sun lounger, and the hotel is situated within walking distance of the old town, but be careful on the road (you know what Greek traffic is like!)
Hope this is of help to you!
Skiathos! Beautiful and plentiful beaches, lovely town with a great harbour with restaurants/bars around, or lots of little cobbled streets with bars & eateries (cheaper), a stretch of road running on the outskirts of the harbour called 'bar strip' which has lively bars which stay open all night if you wish, but is away from other things so no noise problem.

YOur choice really, lots of resorts down the island if you dont want to stay in town, and drivng is easy if you want to hire a jeep, as its one main road down the whole island!!

High season it can get very busy, (July & Aug) but if you can go out of season its better.

Jan
If you go to Skiathos you have just have to use the local buses, for the experience. they run across the island and back all day long.
we stayed at Troulos, once at victoria appts (bus stop 19) and last year at Troulos bay hotel (bus stop 20)
when everyone is heading back from the beaches at dusk the buses get packed people get sqeezed in like sardines.
we resorted to catching the bus in the direction of Koukinaries and staying on at the terminus to head into Skiathos town.
And i must add that some of the drivers and conductors are real characters and like a laugh and joke :fly
i went to skiathos for the first time last year, the town is fab but i was dissapointed with the beaches, we were in kolios
:sun2 Hi iallen
We tried many of the beaches on Skiathos, Koukinares had too many giant wasps, and another one we found whilst on a hike round the headland (bus stop 10) was over run with poser type blokes that probably love themselves more than their own mother and young ladies in skimpy bikini's, (needless to say the other 'alf wanted to stay) but the really loud music was unbearable, and so we moved on the best beach for us was Troulos which was why i booked into the hotel there on our return
the best beach i have found so far is the one at Laganas on zakinthos and being the islands party capital plenty of bars & clubs for you young en's.. you dont have to be in the 18/30 crowd if you dont want it, if you go EAST of the town its not far for a night out but fairly quiet and has a few nice bars/tavernas although not [well when we went] with entertainment... we stayed at the Mediteranian hotel on half board not cheap but verry nice and we noticed several properties from basic to top notch in that area

yasus
wizard
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.