Turkey Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Turkey.
Not sure, but the hotel does come under Bodrum, Turgutreis.
It appears in the Thomas Cook brochure and Airtours but the price quoted flying with Mytravel is £400 cheaper than the TC flight.

I really must learn how to attach a link......sorry.
Hi
Its the Aegean village in Bodrum that is changing its name - the Aegean dream resort is Turgutreis is staying the same (for now!)
lally
Hi Ann.

I'm going on the 4th May for two weeks :fly Can't wait :pele

As far as I know, it was mainly open to the Belgian, Dutch & German market (only been open a couple of years) & this is the first year its been promoted to the British market. It looks amazing, & I've read some fab reviews.

Some reviews you gotta take with a pinch of salt, I will try & copy & paste one I read.......

We have just returned from 2 weeks at the Aegean Dreams Resort we had a good holiday but felt it was not geared up for English tastes and young children and catered mainly for the Dutch and German who were present in large numbers. We were disapointed that the only way to have a full English breakfast was to book it one day in advance and it would cost £6, as we were at an all inclusive hotel we thought this was a bit of cheek!
The quality and choice of food was extensive and of excellent quality our only complaint was the lack of plain simple food for children. Meal times were quite rigid with breakfast 7 - 10, late breakfast 10 - 11, lunch 12:30 - 2:30, snacks 2:30 - 4:30, coffee and cake 4 - 5pm, dinner 7 - 9:30, we found the dinner was a bit late for our 4yr old and would have benefited from an earlier sitting. On one occasion I asked for a bread roll for my 4yr old son at 11:00 just after late breakfast had finished I was told he would have to wait until lunch at 12:30 it eventually took 2 members of staff and a phone call to find that I could get a roll from the beach bar which was setting up for lunch. I feel that having the opportunity for snacks thoughout the day would have eliminated this issue.
The animation team was excellent and provided a wide range of activities for all ages throughout the day. Our son thoughly enjoyed the Kids club with Linda and Marina, having his face painted most days!, games, painting, drawing and extra practice for the moves for the evening kids disco. However we found that if you were using the pool when the pool game or dance was going on you were told to move.
A word of warning if you want a sun bed especially by the kids pool get up early!!

Now would you call them mealtimes ridgid?!?!
I've never known any hotel on the med/abroad provide an "English" breakfast as standard, LOL.

I've read enough really good reviews to keep me happy :glynis
Thanks for that kimevans. Decision made, off to book it tomorrow, let just hope the price doesn't shoot up overnight!

Enjoy your holiday and I look forward to reading your review when you get back. :)
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.