Turkey Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Turkey.
I would of thought if you only book 13 nights you wouldnt be able to get into your room till anytime between 12 noon-2pm on your arrival day.
Hi Lyn :yipee

That is quite a saving though. Do you think it is worth asking if you could pay extra for an early room, say 10.00am, like when you book a late room. (Have no idea if hotels do this, but it may be worth trying)

When I went DIY to Salou this year, we arrived at the hotel at 9.00am. It wasn't really any hardship waiting for our room, but of course we hadn't been travelling all night - although it felt like it!
thanks Lesley and jojo. Hopefully we shall get some sleep on the flight and under normal circumstances we would just dump our bags ,some brekkie and head for the pool . a dip in there should revive us. :D . ive had a lovely pm from Marion (celine2002uk) and as she says we can pack towels and swimwear on the top and at the worst we might have buy brekkie elsewhere but it wont cost £233 :D. we can still use the facilities. knowing our luck the flight will get delayed anyway :( and we wont get there until lunchtime .
Hi Lyn

Have you tried e-mailing them or phoning for advice,their website is HERE.

Basil.
Yes ,thanks Basil . I have been emailing them for prices anywy but they dont have them yet. emailed again 2 days go but no reply yet. Their english isnt good though. When they eventually reply I will at least try to get some info .Thank you
Well ive done it . I booked just 13 nights and decided the £233 will pay for my flights and hotel room in Krakow February :D . and ive saved at least £1000 doing it DIY. :D see the ADR topic :D . Im very happy . its been a productive 2 days as yesterday I booked a cottage for october half term week in exmoor. Dont know how Im going to pay for it all as usual.might have to go and stand on a few street corners :wink:

lyn
Glad you got it sorted Lyn and well done on saving yourself lots of hard earned cash.
Well done! I'm lagging behind - better start booking up for next year.
I thought you had already booked Lykia Lesley ??.Ive got my week in Egypt for easter as well to pay for and Im still paying for this years holiday in turkey. I think Ive been a bit stupid really but im going to enjoy my teenagers while ive still got them. :D
Yes, but that's it!!!!!! You've got loads booked :wink:

Have to get Easter and Whitsun sorted :D
lyn , how much did you end up paying and who did you book with in the end, we are going whit for 2 weeks
I feel exactly the same Lyn, I really enjoy our family holidays and want to make the most of the next few years!

I think hubby is looking forward to only paying for 2 though! :wink:
booked with thomson (accomodation only ) £3000 (just under) but they wanted all the money now so rang thomson shop and they did it for a deposit but £100 more (on thomson online price was £2886).but figured it would cost me more than £100 to have to put it on the credit card until next year + the thomson shop gave me sea view at no additional cost which was a bonus if I get them. Have a look in the ADR thread ive put in all in there.

lyn
i noticed after i asked you silly me lol that you had put info on ADR thread !!! did you get a better price than with travel republic cant remember what that came out as. ive had a look at our hol to ADR wiht portland and it has gone up over £500 wow big increases on all hols ive booked especially both flights ive booked with aegean for easter and aug have gone up loads, its so nice when that happens lol
Karen.Travel republics system now wouldnt let me put more than 2 in a room but when I priced it up earlier in the year when you booked they quoted me a little more than I paid thomson + I have the sea view rooms :D
yea thats good so have we so lets hope we get the sv rooms as ive read a few people booked sea view rooms and didnt get them, i wont be happy as we paid extra for ours lol
:D Hi Lynn

Glad you all booked up and just noticed your off to Egypt next year

We went to Sharm in Aug /Sept first time its fantastic it reminded me a bit like Turkey some what 14 years ago.

Hope you have a brilliant holiday and so glad you have saved over £200

Take Care Marion x :lol:
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.