Bulgaria Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Bulgaria
Hi Michael you will probably pay around 25 --35 lev but remember ask the drivers first they don't usually mind you asking one or two to get the cheapest fare :idea:
:lol: hi there

i'm a new user travelling to the flora park complex in sunny beach during May. can anyone tell me the most convienient and cost effective way for 4 adults and luggage to travel to and from sunny beach.

The travel company are offering transfers by coach £64 return for 4, is this the best way.

Thanks

Pittodrie 47
please can anyone advise the most convienient and cost effective way of travel from Burgas airport to sunny beach for 4 adults with luggage.

The hotel is offering coach transfer at £16 return per couple each way, i beleive that using taxis might be about the same cost, if so are they reliable.

pittodrie 47
Last June the holiday company we went with arranged transfers through Hoteltransfers.com.It cost us £15 each return from Bougas airport to Nessebar.They used a minibus from the airport and a car back to the airport as there was only the 2 of us returning at that time.
:lol: Thanks Jay TRIP i will look into that one.
Hi,
Has anyone travelled from either Varna or Bourgas to Obzor by taxi?
It's about 40km, does anyone have any idea of the fare?

I believe the taxi drivers earn the most money by ripping passengers off, any tips on avoiding this?

Thanks, robbo
the airport taxi is a definate rip off if your hotel has a "pet "taxi driver we found them to be reasonable by comparison

brian
Haggle, we spent a fortune in our first few days being ripped off by taxi drivers ( most of whom were drunk ) but once we found out we could haggle....... it felt as if we were ripping them off 8)
Taxi's. Anybody going to Albena, I can give you a number to call and the 2 guys who share this Taxi both speak English and will not rip you off. p.m me Tonyt.
hi everyone what's the airport like in bourgas does it take long to get through?also how long fom there to bravo aptms sunny beach.thanks in advance for replies :ghug
Hi

The airport has its own website:

http://www.bourgas-airport.com/en/index.htm

I think its about 35 minutes from the airport to Sunny Beach. :D
The airport is small.
We landed at about 10.30 (bulgarian time) and arrived at our hotel at midnight.
It took us about 30 minutes to get through passport control.

It took us 35 minutes to get to sunny beach.

On the way back it took us about 10 minutes to hand in our luggage and go through passport control.
There is a small duty free shop and a bar.
We arrived at the airport at 10.00pm and the plane took off at 11.15 so there was not much time to hang around.
We are travelling ot stay at a friend's apartment in Sunny Beach. Is there an e mail address we can pre book a taxi from Bourgas airport to Sunny Beach?
Several similar discussions have now been merged into this single topic, and so information which was previously overlooked may now be found in earlier posts.

David :wave
Look at the traiff on the taxi's window and demand that they charge you the rate advertised.

In most cases the taxi will quote you a considerable higher fare than the one advertised. This is quite illegal.

Demand the taxi dirver to have the meter on at the advertised rate!
Does anyone know aht a taxi will cost at 1.30am in the morning from Bourgas airport to Sunny Beach? I have been mislead about transfers and am now paying them myself unfortunately
no idea mate

but make sure you agree the price with the driver before you get in

its about 30mins travel from the airport to the resort
We paid 45 lev at 01;00, ask before you get in, the price is negotiable, only takes 15-20 mins by taxi, Paul.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.