Holiday Complaints

Do you have a holiday complaint? For help and advice post in here.
Your original post is on THIS thread.

Copies to: Head Office MD . ABTA . Trading Standards . Which . Watchdog

What response if any have you had from Trading Standards please?

I think you should make a concise list of what they did wrong, then describe VERY briefly how this affected you and the enjoyment of your holiday. This would be the basis of a claim for compensation.

Then get the advice of Ros Fernihough, details HERE

Are there any other organisations with muscle that make these companies listen.

Yes - the Royal Courts of Justice, either by way of prosecution for offences under fair trading legislation, and/or compensation, which is why I think you should obtain Ros's advice.

Good luck!

Peter
Hi Peter of York

Thanks for the reply. So far I've heard nothing from trading standards. How long do you think it should take for them to reply. I know they are busy but I dont want to hassle them.

Thanks

Andy
A telephone call requesting an update would not be out of order. If they are inundated with work they will then tell you. If it is sat in someones in tray then it will remind them the matter is not resolved.

fwh
In agree, a gentle reminder would be OK, but I don't think they will have much to chew on.

I think this is a case of compensation for being mucked about, which is where Ros might be able to help, but you really need to precis the saga down to the bits that caused the hassle.

Peter
I would agree with Peter there. A letter stating facts, as opposed to feelings, other peoples comments etc, would be much easier to read.

Good luck :D
Hi
Please don't give up when seeking fair compensation or a refund. The TO's will use delaying tactics and it is also fair to say they will be busy at times but if you feel as though your special holiday wasn't as you honestly expected then keep plugging away at the TO no matter what. It does seem to take an awful long time for a reasonable result but i'm sure it will be worth it in the end.
Good Luck
:)
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.