Turkey Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Turkey.
Alcohol Ban
10 Posts
i think you will find it wont affect the tyourist resorts the same as ramadam dosn't
you're probably right , but ramadam is a religion thing and therefore personal choice comes into it . This " prohibition " has come from the government and from what i've read it will be overseen by the police .
will just have to stock up our beer sat. night for our own party sun !! 11 more hours ill be off to airport !! YIPEEEE !!!
I think it will affect the resorts, some bars are thinking of closing for the day.
The bars are losing enough money as it is through enforced closures due to hassle.
I would be surprised if bars and restaurents closed in the tourist areas.

Gene
we go sunday morning not going to be a happy bunny if i cant enjoy a long cold efes or 20 when we arrive :cry:
:lol: Iam sure you will make up for your loss of beer during the rest of your holiday. :glynis if it happens
In Marmaris at the moment. Have not seen any signs saying this. Better stock up the fridge just in case .. :lol:

Wilson :wink:
Hopefully it won't affect the resorts , I was in Icmeler last month and as Gene says the bars are suffering enough , although i don't suppose the government would have considered this when they made this decision .
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.