Turkey Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Turkey.
I heard this was only in supermarkets and not bars and restaurants. :que
There's a BBC article here. It says the ban is on shops, not bars and restaurants so shouldn't effect tourists too much.

Darren
Hi,
My oh and I were discussing this at weekend and our understanding is that it is in supermarkets/shops not bar's. We were watching a new Turkish film and what was funny was that the cigarette's were blurred out, but the cig was still there...
Don't panic. It wont affect bars and restaurants as anywhere with a tourism licence is exempt, it is just in shops and supermarkets.

I can never undrestand why they blur out the cigarettes either Ruth. It is perfectly accpetable to see people stab and shoot each other but not to see them smoke! Crazy or what? Although I have seent them blur out the blood stains on people too, even after you have seen them being shot..
hehehehe.... yeah Kedi you think the same as me, typical ain't it!
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.