Spain - Balearics - Majorca Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Majorca.
Have a look at the Cuidud Blance, right on the beach, with a long flat promanarde in front, slopes throughout the hotel

HTH
Biff
Amy. Most of Alcudia is very good for getting around. It is all pretty much on the flat and entrances to restaurants etc normally are straight from the street with terraces onto the street so no steps etc. Beach access is no problem at all, though I heard that wheelchairs are not meant to be used along the pathway that runs along the back of the beach between the port and Bellevue areas. I find that hard to believe. The old town can be a little trickier as there are inclines (not too steep) and the streets are very busy on the two market days, but it is by no means impossible.
As to the hotels you mentioned, Alcudia Gardens is in the port area and more or less right next to the beach, the Astoria Playa in the Bellevue area opposite the Ciudad Blanca that Biff mentions. Both (unlike the Ciudad Blanca) would require crossing the main road to get to the beach, but this has become a lot easier (and safer!) since a number of crossing islands were built.
Puerto Pollensa would be a fair old way to walk, it is some 7 kilometres from the old town. A taxi, based on 2007's prices, costs 11 euros from the old town or 13 from the port.
Alcudia caters well for wheelchair users and there are many here in summer.
Thank you so much for the information. I will add the Ciudad Blanca to my list of possible hotels. From what I've researched Alcudia does seem quite an accessible resort for me, so hopefully I will be able to get something sorted.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.