Turkey Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Turkey.
If its all inclusive you want then try the Marti La Perla or Munamar which are both on the beachfront and accommodate children.

John
I stayed in the Mirage in June with my boys 15, 11 however did not find that the AI package was suitable for kids. They woouldnt eat the food served and we ended up taking them out to eat each night.
It was out one and only AI in Turkey, although we go 3 times a year i wont do AI again.
And I just wanted to add my two penneth worth by saying I would never ever go all inclusive in Icmeler, too many fantastic places to eat :shock: :lol:

Enjoy your holiday whatever you decide to do.

Catherine
I would also like to add that you are correct and I would never take my family all inclusive.

John
We went AI to Marti La Perla a couple of years ago, only reason being price comapred to B&B's we were offered was negligible. We would use the AI during the day and for drinks etc. but ate out in the evening within Icmeler as choice and food was much better. Also the food offered at La Perla in the evening wasn't that great. But for the price it suited us.
hi Linda
If you can get the AI at a good price, with two kids of 4 & 9 it will be worth it for the breakfasts, lunches and drinks alone, you will still be able to eat out some evenings. Also the larger hotels that do AI tend to have better pools and pool surrounds than the smaller ones, which is often a consideration with youngish children. It's just trying to make sure you don't pay over the odds really so you can have the best of both worlds. Have a great time whatever you decide. :D
We've booked Hotel Marti La Perla this year, we usually go S/C but have chosen A/I this year purely for financial reasons, we spent an absolute fortune last year on food and drink alone, and thats just hubby and me, I'm sure we'll enjoy it, its Icmeler isn't it, not had a bad holiday there in the last 5 years :D
Hi

I would also agree with scottishmum. The best part of our holiday last year in Icmeler was the evenings, eating out was brilliant there!! So much choice and reasonably priced.
We did AI and never again. Its so cheap and the food is great in Turkey. The kids would love it!
Thanks all for your replys, really we just wanted AI for day really, with 2 kids, can get expensive, asking for drinks, snacks and icecream all the time and would prob eat out in the night time anyway, just going to compare prices on AI and self catering see if theres much difference.

Thanks

Lindaxxx
There is also a fantastic hotel jus outside Icmeler , only about a 15 minute walk,on the road to Marmaris that is 4/5 star. I looked at booking this last year as the price was very reasonable, pehaps John T can advise the name. It even had an outdoor ice rink!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Stewart
hi linda,weve always gone s/c,normally pay about £500 for 2wks ,having been to icemeler last year and visited the l,etoille for the evening we thought we would price it out and low and behold we got a deal of £550 each booking early with thomas cook.so now there is 12 of us going.the way we looked at it was thats what we normally pay for s/c so if the foods rubbish so what we,ll eat out thats what we would of done anyway going s/c.we,ll get the benefit during the day with snacks,drinks etc around the pool and who knows it would be a bonus if the evening meals turned out to be edible.so at the end of the day we cant lose.
happy costing
laingy

p.s.by the way we flying out 5th july from manchester
I think you're referring to the Marmaris Palace smc??? You can view the reviews for that here

http://www.holidaytruths.co.uk/reviews/turkey/dalaman-region/icmeler/marmaris-palace-hotel/

Cat x
Yes Marmaris Palace is the one with the rink though under cover and on the promenade front.

John
Hi Linda
Sounds like you got a really good deal. I've got something similar to O Deniz where I've paid little more than I've paid for Self Catering in the past, I just want the AI for the same reason you do, plus it stops me needing to take my purse to the pool and then worrying about losing it, if the evening meals are OK then that's a bonus. If it's successful this year I might be able to try your one sometime.

Only thing is I don't really understand if its called l'etoille or the Marmaris Palace? Am I loosing the plot or is l'etoille something different? (sorry to be thick :roll: )
were staying at the l,etoille hotel in icmeler.i think you got me mixed up with linda cos i was replying to linda but im laingy.
:oops: Oh dear, its like I thought, I am losing the plot. Sorry.
my wife and i have stayed in the marmaris palace five times now ,and as far as we are concerned it is one of the best hotels in the area ,it is more or less halfway between icmeller and marmaris ,with both places easily accessable ,by dolmus ,water taxi or walking along a very well paved promenade with no traffic , lovely walk of about 15mins ,great hotel and great holiday
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.